WIP; Krawk :)

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Lisauhh

WIP; Krawk :)

Post by Lisauhh »

I was picked for the Krawk I applied for, and I'm drawing a picture of him, with the custom design.

Comments so far?

Scimthary

Post by Scimthary »

Very nice coloring :) Just that the face looks like a dog, not a reptile.
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

I like the design, prehaps more of a background? You have the water, but then it goes off into blank space 0-o;;

Fae
Basketball

Post by Basketball »

Just wondering, what kind of Krawk is it. But very nice but needs a nice background.
Fantastique

Post by Fantastique »

Like Scimthary said, he does look more like a dog than a reptile :/ Also, is the Krawk sitting on the surface of the water? Is he at a beach? If so, the water would be shallow, so it'd be slightly transparent, and you'd see some of the sand; the reflection wouldn't be as clear, either, as it would be broken up by ripples or waves. :D Obviously, that's hard to do, but if you manage to pull it off, the final result will look great. :)

I love the color scheme, btw. *_* That turquoise for the hair is really pretty.
Currently saving for a Royal Paint Brush for alemasavue :) 201K/1.75m... still have a long way to go.
Lisauhh

Post by Lisauhh »

It's W.I.P though XDD Work in Progress, which means it's not done yet.

According to his story, being able to walk/sit on water surfaces is an ability he has.

He's a SHADOW Krawk n_n
Scimthary

Post by Scimthary »

Everyone knows what a WIP is, seriously ~ @___@

But that doesn't mean Krawks are dogs, right?
EofS

Post by EofS »

Scimthary wrote:Everyone knows what a WIP is, seriously ~ @___@
I suspect that comment's more for the number of people who assumed that the background was completed.

Afraid I can't offer advice beyond "it's very pretty" because I'm not artsy.
Fantastique

Post by Fantastique »

As a WIP, that makes it easier to fix and change things :P Just giving my opinions and suggestions.
Currently saving for a Royal Paint Brush for alemasavue :) 201K/1.75m... still have a long way to go.
Gazella Dama

Post by Gazella Dama »

Eh. There's a limited amount of comments to be given, because it's a WIP in progress and we've no idea what you planned on doing with the background, if anything.

I'm not sure how much more you plan on refining it, so I can only critique the current anatomy and coloring style. As for the former, as several people have said, he does look rather doggish, just by the way he's sitting and the big blocky muzzle. Reptiles, especially crocodiles, tend to have more "evenly" distributed mandibles. That is... if you moved the mouthline a little farther up on the muzzle to make the top half more equivalent in size to the lower jaw, I think it could be a bit more krawk-ish. The lower jaw he's got right now doesn't exactly look powerful enough to chomp something to bits X)

As for the coloring, it looks a little sloppy right now, though it's a WIP so as I said, I dunno how much you plan on refining it. I would try to block in bigger areas of shadow, if I were you. Choose one light source and don't be afraid to make big patches of shadow on, say, one entire side of his body if it's facing away from the light. It makes it look more dramatic.

I do quite like the reflection, though :3 Nice job.
Lisauhh

Post by Lisauhh »

Gazella Dama wrote:Eh. There's a limited amount of comments to be given, because it's a WIP in progress and we've no idea what you planned on doing with the background, if anything.

I'm not sure how much more you plan on refining it, so I can only critique the current anatomy and coloring style. As for the former, as several people have said, he does look rather doggish, just by the way he's sitting and the big blocky muzzle. Reptiles, especially crocodiles, tend to have more "evenly" distributed mandibles. That is... if you moved the mouthline a little farther up on the muzzle to make the top half more equivalent in size to the lower jaw, I think it could be a bit more krawk-ish. The lower jaw he's got right now doesn't exactly look powerful enough to chomp something to bits X)

As for the coloring, it looks a little sloppy right now, though it's a WIP so as I said, I dunno how much you plan on refining it. I would try to block in bigger areas of shadow, if I were you. Choose one light source and don't be afraid to make big patches of shadow on, say, one entire side of his body if it's facing away from the light. It makes it look more dramatic.

I do quite like the reflection, though :3 Nice job.
Wow, thank you ^^ Finally a 'encouraging critique' comment. I love those x3

I haven't been able to do more on it since it's christmas, but I'm planning to re-draw the whole piece to make him more 'reptile/crocodile' like ^_^;;
I'm not used to drawing.. scaley reptile creatures, I'm more of a 'loads of fur, fur and know what? MORE FUR' person, so yeah x3

Thanks for all the advice and comments, it's very very appreciated.

Everyone knows what a WIP is, seriously ~ @___@

But that doesn't mean Krawks are dogs, right?
Nope, doesn't mean that, and it was directed to the bg people, not you ^^; But thanks for pointing it out for me.