Draw me a something! Prize: 100k

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Lisauhh

Draw me a something! Prize: 100k

Post by Lisauhh »

Okay, I'm giving 100k np to the winner of this contest. It's just for fun really.

Draw me a Aaruna, reference picture below. OR Draw me a Griff/Unicorn/Pegasus/Other Magical Creature. Feel free to design those however you want.

Meet Angus, the Baby Aaruna (Sub character in story.)

It's not quite like that, maybe a description would be better?

It's a bird/reptile creature, it's the sub character in a story of mine, and it plays the role as a wise nearly extinct animal breed whcih is very shy and untameable. Most of them are goodies, but some are bad as well. You're quite free to design it yourself, they have endless colour vaerities. The only 'must's' that's there is:

It must have four wings, not needed to be bird wings, but the sub character has bird wings. (Bat wings, butterfly wings, anything works)
It must be a mix of reptil/bird with four legs.

Colours, anything else, feel free to. And also, I might use this in my story, so if you make up a personality for yours that's great!

Ends: Some time in January.[/img]

Note: I might change the prize to something more valuavle ^^; This contest is also on another forum.

Entries so far: ----
manycolours

Post by manycolours »

Sounds like fun! I'll give it a go :)
Lisauhh

Post by Lisauhh »

Thanks n.n
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

I'll give it a try too :)

*Edit
Here it is (click for larger view):

Magnus the Aaruna: cheerful fellow, he always sees the glasss as half full even when logic dictates otherwise (trapped in a room filling with water and a collapsing, spiky roof, for instance). He is very friendly but will play nasty tricks on people that insult him (like casting a spell making the person cry milk for a week).

One thing with this contest, be sure you won't be frozen for it. I THINK it only works if you CHARGE others NP for artwork but you might want to also be sure it also isn't if you PAY others too.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I drew a dragon last night, and I don't like it all that much- but I rarely like my own art ¬¬ So I figured I may as well stick it here.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/spivsy/dragom.png
Yeah, I spelt it wrong when I saved it...
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

I'll probably give this a go :) *rummages through old dragon sketches for ideas*
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

If I get the time, I might enter this. :) Sounds interesting.