I have a tablet again, whoo!

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Xelio

I have a tablet again, whoo!

Post by Xelio »

So after months of my tablet not working I finally figured out what was up with it. (Turns out I just have to delete some temp file every time I want to use it and do a pc restart.) Anyways, I did a rush job in my fit to finally have new art for my pretties and so, at long last, Zyres has a lookup image. Sure, the shading is off and the light source is wonky, but ah well. Least I'm being productive.

Any suggestions for how to texture the cuffs on the ankles/horns would be appreciated. They're supposed to look like leather (Is that a little sick, a kau wearing leather? Not sure.) but I wasn't sure how to pull it off. I'd like to go back and add that if someone has an ideas for me. Thanks in advance you fine people of the NC.

Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Scimthary

Post by Scimthary »

Woah, lovely Darigan Kau :)

Eh, since I don't usually use digital media I wouldn't know how to help you anyway, but it's very good already ^^
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Well the fact you can tell it's a darigan kau is a plus, right?

You should try digital media someday. Your pencil images are kick-butt awesome. If you could take that fine eye for lines you already have and apply it to a digital medium I'm sure it'd be wonderous.
Subeta - Neopets
Gazella Dama

Post by Gazella Dama »

Well, leather is hide so it usually tends to have a dapply/bump or cracked texture, to the eye. Unless you were up very close, however, I don't think you'd notice it, so I don't think you'd need to "texture" the cuffs much. I'd just put a simple darker shadow on each or perhaps some highlights (since leather is a little reflective, especially oiled leather).
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

That is a good point. I might just do that. It's easier and when I have a final image I'll shrink it down a little. I don't want to risk having an image so big it scrolls people's browser windows and I don't really like massive images on my pet's lookups.
Subeta - Neopets