Plushie Tonu n' Corgi Art

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
solarith

Plushie Tonu n' Corgi Art

Post by solarith »

Well. I've been kinda developing a new lineart technique and coloring technique and I'd like some C&C on both the results of the technique and the images I've created with it. XD I like getting comments/suggestions, but don't get many on my DA account that are helpful.

First, Plushie Tonu for Tonu Day. This is most recent. I've tried to thicken up the lineart so it doesn't get kinda choppy like it did with the Elephante I did.

Aaand a Cardigan Welsh Corgi, my absolute favorite dog breed, thrown in here for good measure. The lines here are thinner, as I was still getting used to the technique. This was done for a dog simulation game called Furry Paws.

And if you want to see my older technique, you can just look in my signature. That's my older type of lining. I think it's a bit of an improvement for me.
TCD

Post by TCD »

Just comparing the two pictures to your siggy, your lineart has WAY improved. Both piccys are absolutely adorable, specially the Corgi.
Float nli

Post by Float nli »

Corgi Corgi Corgi. They're both so pretty, I love how how flufferly the cupcake looks.

*ahem* So much for useful comments
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

Cardi!!!!!!! Ramses approves. (They really are great dogs, although mine is a spaz.) I may be taking him to the National Specialty in a few months. :D

Theoretically, they aren't supposed to come in just black and white, but some brindle point tris have the points hidden by white flashings or dark brindling there that looks black from a distance, so I suppose you've drawn one of those. ;)

The top of the Tonu's hair looks lind of weird, and the cupcake looks like it's going to fall out of the paper (maybe it's that the paper looks flattened relative to the cupcake), but overall it's excellent, like all of your art. Good luck with the AG!
Happy
Location: South East Asia Listening to: One Fine Day Feeling: Excited

Post by Happy »

Your signiture sketchy lines are gone but I like what I see. :)
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Aurinona wrote:
Theoretically, they aren't supposed to come in just black and white, but some brindle point tris have the points hidden by white flashings or dark brindling there that looks black from a distance, so I suppose you've drawn one of those. ;)
I always assumed the cardigan corgis could come in any colour while the pembrokeshire ones had to just be orange and white? I've certainly seen a few black and white cardis in my time.

Post by Guest »

Pems actually come in sable and tricolour as well as red and white, although they don't have merles or brindles like the Cardis do. Red and white definitely is the most commonly associated colour with them, though, and apparently it can be hard to show a red/white Cardigan because some judges think they look "Pemmy". (I DARE them to say that to Ramses and his humongous Cardi ears! We'll see what happens- he's entered in a show at the end of the month.)

Anyway, Cardis don't actually carry the genes for pure black and white. You can get a dog that looks black and white, but some are just really dark brindles or brindle-point tricolours, in which case there are brown hairs if you look closely, or you could could have a genetic tricolour with a lot of white hiding the places where the points SHOULD be, since the white patterning overrides whatever pigmentation was supposed to be under it. That'd probably be the closest you can get since you can't see the points at all (although the illustrated Cardi probably doesn't have enough white on the paws to hide them. ;) )

Here's a pretty nice guide to the coat colours and the modifiers.: http://www.phi-vestavia.com/cardigan_colors.htm