Aluqard for Huggles

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Veo

Post by Veo »

I'm late (GAH! CLASS!), but - i adore this piece! ^_^

However . . . (N00b artist alert)

1. What programs did you use?

2. Did you use a tablet mouse, or did you hand-draw and then ink in for scanning?

I'm trying to get into digital art, and I need all the help/advice I can get! X_X
Yfandes

Post by Yfandes »

You know, this art is just so darn...and this is in my top 10 hated words...(yes...i'm a loser - i have a top 10 :P) moreish I keep coming back to look at it its lurffly ^_^

So i decided that I had to get up off of my lazy bum and comment on/worship your mad skills :P Love the shading, the highlights are totally perfect and really bring it alive (particularly on the face, feet and quetzal...does anyone else agree that those are the coolest kyrii feet EVER *drools over the mighty claws in a non-weird way* Also the colours are great, the whole thing is balanced really well (particularly the shade of purple used for Aluqard) And I like the background a lot, its not too busy and its also very interesting...

Eye candy!
8): Laura
Current Aim: 4months+ side account to transfer pets *wills time to go faster*
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Uh, checkers? You do know that direct linking images from DA is taboo, right? You should probably take that down, link to the deviation page rather then the image, or upload it yourself. @_@

PQ, that picture is pretty damn awesome. Really nice colors and textures, as well as awesome art in general. I envy both your talent and Huggles' ability to aquire drawings made with your talent.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Checkers: do not bump up topics older than two weeks old without a very good reason. A post stating "nvm" is not a good reason at all. Consider this a formal warning, and an expression of my belief that you have not changed at all. If you continue to break rules such as this one (bumping posts, posts in the wrong place, posts in Petpets which break the rules there), I am going to give you a week's posting suspension.
checkers

Post by checkers »

dandelions wrote:Checkers: do not bump up topics older than two weeks old without a very good reason. A post stating "nvm" is not a good reason at all. Consider this a formal warning, and an expression of my belief that you have not changed at all. If you continue to break rules such as this one (bumping posts, posts in the wrong place, posts in Petpets which break the rules there), I am going to give you a week's posting suspension.
I acutally posted a long post with an image, sorry for bumping it but if you read it before then you'd know then people said that the post wasn't allowed to link images offa DA so I posted Nvm. in hope of the post being deleted.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I saw your original post, and it still wasn't anything worth bumping for, but I waited for someone else to come along and lock this.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

To quote my PM back to your post verbatim:
This is still against the rules. You may not post on a thread which has had no replies in two weeks. Don't attempt to say "well, because I got rid of the thing which broke another place's rules it's all fine". It's not. You broke one of our few rules.
I'm going to lock this thread now.