My Darigan Kacheek

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

My Darigan Kacheek

Post by Nogitsune »

I think neopets is right, there are some species that just don't work well in some colors. Oh well, I tried...

Ah for any drawing talent... well it's an attempt to make an 'official' looking revamped Kacheek... I'd welcome suggestions on how to fix it.

*Edit
Last edited by Nogitsune on 26 Jan 2007 04:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I think the problem is that the base you're working off of sucks. The species needs a revamp, and virtually anything that isn't completely redrawn is doomed to fail. That said, I would take yours over the purple thing. At least it's green.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Huggles wrote:I think the problem is that the base you're working off of sucks. The species needs a revamp, and virtually anything that isn't completely redrawn is doomed to fail. That said, I would take yours over the purple thing. At least it's green.
Thanks, what would be your suggestion if the Kacheek as a species were revamped? What would you like to see?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

BAM!

Basically, just about anything with legs, hands, and a proportional head.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Huggles wrote:BAM!

Ah, thanks much, this helps.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I added your new kacheek thread to this one. Really, it's far easier to edit rather than abandon a thread for pretty much the same thing after an hour or so.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Huggles wrote:I added your new kacheek thread to this one. Really, it's far easier to edit rather than abandon a thread for pretty much the same thing after an hour or so.
Thanks. Sorry, it was about two in the morning when I finished it so I wasn't thinking quite right. Besides, the purple blob of doom is supposed to be a regular Kacheek rather than a Darigan one, though I think by now any non-orange-purple pet is usually put as Darigan...

That aside, I still need advice and help. My main strenght seems to be copying and pasting things rather than creating new drawings...
checkers

Post by checkers »

But wait, I thought you hated anthro?

----

Anyway good start, like the colours new darigan, Kacheek look ugly in any colour.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Checkers, are you just looking for arguments or something?

graraarrls (I can't remember how to spell them, shup) have legs, hands and proportionate heads, and they aren't anthro.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

checkers wrote:
But wait, I thought you hated anthro?
How is having 'legs, hands, and a proportional head' being -anthro-? She used that card as an example. It doesn't mean she thinks anthro is ever fantastic O_o She just wants a kacheek to look like it can actually walk and have functioning hands instead of nubs at the end of arms.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

How is having 'legs, hands, and a proportional head' being -anthro-? She used that card as an example. It doesn't mean she thinks anthro is ever fantastic O_o She just wants a kacheek to look like it can actually walk and have functioning hands instead of nubs at the end of arms.
Quoted for truth. Aside from the hair, I'd be perfectly content if they looked exactly like that. As I've been pushing for quite some time, I mainly take issue with making quad pets anthro. The line for bipeds is a little less straightforward. If you want a pet with long flowing hair that walks on two legs and can wield a sword of great justice, get a kyrii, not an aisha.
davidsgurl1685

Post by davidsgurl1685 »

Wow the Kacheek on that card is sooo much better than the ones they use on the site. Why do they go all out with their art on those cards, but not on our pets? I suppose that's an old question but one that still bothers me. I also agree with Huggles that making a pet thats already bipedal anthro usually looks better than taking a quadruped and turning it anthro. (Although I LOVE the Royal girl Lupe)

Nogitsune, I really like your idea for the Darigan Kacheek, especially the color scheme you used. I think on a revamped Kacheek it would look really nice, but as Huggles said the base needs work.
K+D=<3 4E