Sprites, Lookup Circle and Barrel and Sticks Requests

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Madge

Sprites, Lookup Circle and Barrel and Sticks Requests

Post by Madge »

FIRSTLY - I am busy as all heck, so this is only something for me to do in bored moments I have. So, do not expect them to be done promptly, it may take longer than a month.

Here are some rules, that overarch any rules that are mentioned before page 8 in this thread, EVEN RULES THAT ARE IN THIS VERY POST.

1) One request of any type per person at a time. And DON'T give me multiple requests to pick from
2) No tolerance at all. You break ONE rule, and you're banned for life
3) Each type of art has ONE queue slot only, when slots open, the first person to post gets the slot. If I decide that I can't do their request, the slot opens after I post saying so, and so on. You won't get banned for breaking this rule as it's often hard to know whether slots are open and such, but at the same time, please don't.
4) All life bans before page 7 are lifted
5) the ones that don't have forms yet, use your common sense, please.

TRACED NEOPET SPRITES
- really can't be modified much from the neopets base
- more stuff will come here when i have time
- transparent is fine and easy, let me know if you want a white outline
- time consuming
- recolours of sprites that have already been traced can be done quickly and easily; i've done lots more sprites than are on this image below, people from the old forum may remember
EXAMPLES:

TRACED NEOPET CIRCLES
- very time consuming, but i enjoy doing them sometimes when i'm in the mood
- you more or less have to be someone i know well or like a lot for me to be bothered doing one of these for you
- can be used to cover circles
- more coming when i can be stuffed writing
Recent Ones:
Image Image Image Image

Older Ones:
Image Image

BARREL AND STICKS
HISTORY:

Well, the account I use for chatting needed some pictures of my pets for my lookup. I toyed with makeables, but found them too time consuming. My traced neopet sprites? Already used them, and too time consuming.

So I decided to draw my own pictures in Flash. Only, I can't draw things that look good. So I drew badly. But deliberately. And I used the soften tool thingy on Flash to add to the effect.

And thus, the Barrels On Sticks were born.

I take requests on the neoboards, but I've decided to open up requests here, too!

WHAT I CAN DRAW:
I can draw pictures of:
Neopets
Anthro Neopets
Animals
Petpets
Faeries (?)
Humans (?)

I cannot draw pictures that:
Contain certain props
Require complex poses/expressions
Contain more than one subject

RULES:

1) I will not draw for everyone. If you're someone I don't like, or are someone I do not believe will actually use my image, or your request is something that would be too difficult to draw, your request will be denied. I will post saying that the request is denied and why, so you will not have to guess. If I deny your request because I don't like you, do not whine about it/PM me. I may grow to like you in the future, but this will not happen if you actively try to get me to like you.

2) These are not adoptables. Each and every one has a unique outline, drawn from scratch. If you're going to just add it to a sea of adoptables on your petpage, do not bother requesting.

3) Don't tell me to look up this pet or that item. I will not. Include reference images, inserted into your post as images. No links.

4) You must tell me the size (width or height) you want the image to be. In pixels. Flash allows for images to be made any size and still look good. It is not harder for me to make something the size of a wallpaper than it is to make an 80x80 avatar sized image. You can select sizes other than the ones shown in examples, the examples were just sizes I had handy.

5) Multiple requests are fine, but please only request one at a time. So, request one image, and when I finish it, you can request another.

FORM:
Species
Colour (custom designs OK. INSERT IMAGES into your post.)
Size (height or width, in pixels. Pixel sizes are written below examples, but you don't have to ask for something that is the size of one of the images here)
Expression (eg happy, sad, angry, crying, sick, sleeping... anything goes)
Background colour (give me ahex code, please (doesn't need to be one that's on that webpage, of course :P). transparency looks a bit funny with these images, so if you want it transparent, let me know if you want it for a light or dark background)
Where do you plan to display this image? (URL. Make it clickable, please)
How do you want to credit me? (should I sign the image, or do you want to write "Thanks, Madge(link to my userlookup)" underneath it?)

EXAMPLES:
~100 pixels

200 pixels

500 pixels

250 pixels wide / 350 high
Last edited by Madge on 22 Mar 2007 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Awwww, very cute :D I'd like to request one if you don't mind.

Species: Kyrii
Colour: Royalboy, just the usual design.
Size: 250 by 350 please
Expression: Looking bored would suit him perfectly
Where do you plan to display this image?: On his petpage, even though there is nothing there at the moment. He lacks art and I lack coding skills. The profile that is there would be moved elsewhere.
How do you want to credit me?: If you could sign it that would be great and I'd also link to you as well.

Thanks!
Last edited by Seerow on 01 Feb 2007 09:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

These are adorable. xD I love them. I'm wondering if it would be possible to get one of my dragon fursona? She's not too complicated really, and all the details would be simplified to fit the style of these, I'm sure it's do-able.

Species: Dragon
Colour: White and Black
Refs (the quad version, not the anthro):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/m ... flarge.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/m ... /cibex.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/m ... /ziggy.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/m ... em-rac.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/m ... Morbid.jpg
Size: Probably something around 100-150 pixels. (though if you wouldn't mind giving me a link to a larger version just so I can save it. ^^)
Expression: I guess maybe something a little more cutesy, like the last reference.
Where do you plan to display this image?: I figured my signature was in need of a new pet, so if it's alright with you she'd be displayed there.
How do you want to credit me?: You can go ahead and sign it, that would probably work best. =)

Just let me know if she's too difficult or anything. ^^;
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

Seerow -
Not exactly 250 by 350; it's 200 by 400, if you need resizing let me know. Feel free to direct link. Also, it's got a white background - if you want transparency just ask =D

MM -
Image Image
Not sure how I feel about this, the design was darned complicated and I must have spent three times as long on this one as I do on the standard sprites :P
But I have no job (ok, literally minutes after writing this I got a phone call from the place I dropped my resume in saying they want me to come for a trial, so I may have a job this time next week. Cars cost money!) and no social life, so it was time I didn't have to find a way to waste myself.
Hehe. They're like mother and baby.

... I'm easily amused.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Whoot! So nifty. This is a really neat style you have here :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Madge, as you know, I love art like this, and I think the pieces you've shown/done are gorgeous. I hope you won't mind me asking for one :(

Species:Usul
Colour: Tyrannian
Size: The 500 pixel one you linked to is the perfect size, as this will probably become her main portrait :D
Expression: Whichever you think is easier/more fun to draw, but she's a split personality, either extremely sweet, or raging crazy murder gal, so go with whatever you want, i'll like it either way :D
Where do you plan to display this image?: Lookup Goodness!. I know the code is incredibly old and outdated, but I do plan (eventually) on recoding her page, as well as my other pet's pages.
How do you want to credit me?: If you want to sign it, that'd be super. I'll link to you too. Cause you sex me up.

BTW, drop me a line sometime. Flo and I miss you :(
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Willy - MAY THE SEXING UP COMMENCE.

Yuka

Post by Yuka »

These are really cool. :D I hope you don't mind if I request one.

Species: Shoyru
Colour: Rainbow
Size: 250x350
Expression: Cheering/flying
Where do you plan to display this image? Lai's lookup!
How do you want to credit me? I'll add a note underneath the picture. :)

Merf. :)
Madge

Post by Madge »

Enjoy the picture! Please credit Slowbro under the picture =) (you can link to my userlookup if you wish, however this is optional)

Let me know if it sucks and you want me to do something different!
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

Madge wrote:Image

Enjoy the picture! Please credit Slowbro under the picture =) (you can link to my userlookup if you wish, however this is optional)

Let me know if it sucks and you want me to do something different!
Yay! It's great. Thanks. :D *scuttles off to post it on lookup*
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

All the drawings you've posted are great, Madge, but that Shoyru is the BEST THING EVER. neerp!

I want to request one but I can't deciiiiide. I guess I'll pick one of my choices at random. If you open up for multiple requests by a single person, let us know! =D

Species: Krawk
Color: Image
Size: 250x350
Expression: Sickeningly cheerful
Where do you plan to display this image? here (keep meaning to remove the blue background, but so lazy)
How do you want to credit me? with a link and a happy "I heart Madge!" line or somethin'.
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

I'll take multiple requests from the same person, I guess I will just say post one request at a time?

Do you want me to give the krawk a background of any particular colour, or shall I stick with white? Or transparency with antialising for light backgrounds?

I will edit my rules to include rules about mutliple requests and backgrounds later. I have to finish this steak, shower, and get dressed. I AM GOING OUT TONIGHT.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I don't know if you like me or not... it's fine if you don't. :P But I think these are cool, and I'd like one!

Species: either gelert or lupe.
Color: Image -- or, if that's too detailed/complicated, Image
Size: 200 is fine, but bigger is also fine if you think it'd look better.
Expression: grouchy!
Will display: either on his lookup or on his petpage, depending on size.
Credit: You can sign it, and/or I'll put a link to your lookup underneath.

Have fun tonight!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Ooh fancy multiple requests. Happy to know!

White background will be good, it'll force me to finally purge that crappy-ass background I made ages ago. =D

(I could just edit my post but when it comes to request posts, they always look nicer with a higher post count, don't you think? ;P)
Image Image
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Ah, it's awesome Madge! ^^ Thank you! I'm sorry she was so complicated. I was hoping it would translate fairly easily to a simplified version. x)

*goes to add to siggy*
Image Image