Fire and Lightning - blueflamespottyelectricplaid eyrie wtf

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Gazella Dama

Fire and Lightning - blueflamespottyelectricplaid eyrie wtf

Post by Gazella Dama »

So I have this thing that whenever someone asks me to "DRAW DEM PIC OF MAI PET PLZ", I ask them to make a donation in my shop first. This person wanted their eyrie, Johriania drawn. Only he's electric now, so they wanted that included, too.

The wings came out pretty crap along with the coloring, but it's honestly one of the ugliest customs I've seen and they didn't donate much, so... *shrug* (wtf, I'm such a merciless bitch).

AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Heehee so many spikes. But you did them well! I kind of like the wing-bands. But maybe that's just because you did them well. ;P

What I love, possibly irrationally, is the tail. So plumy! Plume..y! Plumey. I'm done now.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

So, if I ask you to make a donation to my shop and DRAW DEM PIC OF MAI PET PLZ you will? KTHXILUVUBYEBYE!

I'm not a fan of the design either. Maybe if the flames were blue like the electric bits it would look okay. I think I like the face the best. Its's nice and surly.
Last edited by Huggles on 03 Feb 2007 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TCD

Post by TCD »

Erm, not to start something but I didn't think you could ask for money in exchange for art. Best be careful if you want to continue the practice. Also: Before FlameKing became Maraquan, his custom was Electric-colored flames. >.>

Cool picture, though. ^^
Gazella Dama

Post by Gazella Dama »

TCD wrote:Erm, not to start something but I didn't think you could ask for money in exchange for art. Best be careful if you want to continue the practice. Also: Before FlameKing became Maraquan, his custom was Electric-colored flames. >.>

Cool picture, though. ^^
You can't. Art is a...reward for donating. *tap fingers* Shh, I'm sneaky.
HorseRidingGal

Post by HorseRidingGal »

I really like this picture, I think it's lovely.
The pose is done very well, I can never get wings correct.
Do you have a DeviantArt gallery Gazella? Because I'd love to see more of your art. ^_^
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

They did mention in an editorial that they are not fooled by "gifts" and "donations" when it comes to "gift-art." But then I've not seen people frozen for it, either... and anyway, it's such a stupid rule. Buy art if you want! ;P Maybe I'm just spoiled by subeta now, hee.
Image Image
Gazella Dama

Post by Gazella Dama »

I couldn't even find the rule in the help section where it forbids it anymore, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. Seriously though, wtf? I'm a huge sack of stupid at restocking and games, it's not my fault if people just happen to feel like tossing me some pity donations. *thumbtwiddle*

And thanks a bunch, HorseRidingGal! My deviantart gallery is http://aureath.deviantart.com
Sushi

Post by Sushi »

But then they would have to make it a rule not to allow donation shops, wouldn't they? I don't believe it's already forbidden, but I might be wrong because I've never had one up.
I believe it's almost impossible for them to track down if you're getting paid for commisions or not since you don't even have to sign the art with your user name or anything. *shrugs* Stupid rules.

I do like your picture, it's purdy! I checked your DA and you make beautiful backgrounds. ^^
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

It's a persistent problem with TNT that they have poorly-worded rules and different staff interpret them in different ways. But (and I am too lazy to find a link, yup), it was indeed covered in an editorial, as I mentioned. Doesn't some Neo fansite have a database for searching through old editorials?
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

SunnyNeo. This is what I got when I searched for donation.

Dear TNT, My shop is called "Noahs Charity Center" in which everything is only one NP because I wanted there to be another Money tree like thing. I was going to do this -- if you make 50 donations you get a small prize, if you make 100 you get a rarer prize and an invitation to the guild I am soon going to make, and lastly if you make 150 you get an item you want to donate into the center given to an unfortunate user and a spot in the guild hiearchary if you are one of the first four to make it. I was just wondering if I could do that without getting my account frozen. teenage_knowitall at "Noahs Charity center" ~teenage_knowitall
Even though your intentions may be good, this is not an appropriate way to go about it. You are not allowed to ask people to buy items from you for any type of reward. If you really want to help others, there are many ways to go about it, such as answering questions, helping with faerie quests, or directly donating items. Your idea could easily be used by a scammer to trick unsuspecting users into giving up their hard earned NP. That's why this sort of thing is not allowed.

This is the first pertinent one I got for art. I didn't feel like scrolling through the rest.

Hi TNT. Okay, I was reading the Neo rules to refresh my memory, and I came across rule 6, which states the following: "You may not offer web design (such as making banners, dolls, blinkies, guild layouts, etc) or other services and use Neopets images or materials to earn money, Neopoints, or Neopets' Items. This is a violation of Neopets copyright and trademark rights and is strictly forbidden." So I got all confused. Can Neopians make fellow Neopians banners and guild layouts and such and not charge a price for them, or is it still against the rules? Please answer this before I get myself reported! ~courtneycat1995

As long as you do not request or insinuate that you want to be rewarded or reimbursed for your art or code, it is just fine. ^_^

I too also prefer Subeta's buyer beware policy towards art comissions. I'm sure Neopets lawyerbot would say something different, but I think the main problem is that there's no way to garantee someone will either get the art they requested or the neopoints they were promised. Which is again, the only legitimate reason I see for not allowing pet selling, although that problem could actually be fixed with another system similar to the trading post.