First piece of Subeta-related art

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
gomababe

First piece of Subeta-related art

Post by gomababe »

That would be my custom version of the Reborn Serpenth for Quezalocetyl.I only just realised a moment ago that I forgot to colour in a part of it, but other than that I'd like you opinions {feel free to shred me to pieces as well, I'd love to improve ^_^}

Edited to add: Yeah, I know I screwed up the positioning of the orange and yellow, that'll be rectified in a later picture ><;;
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

I like the design, but to me h is face seems a little smooshed out of proportion. I wasn't sure if you wanted him facing this way or away, since the jawline is drawn to suggest maybe he's looking this way but his eye is far too close to his nose for him to be looking this way. I would try smoothing up the width of the feathers a little bit, and near the top, just making them small rounded shapes, as the small feathers up there won't be too pointed. Also, snake's heads tend to be flat behind the eyes. I tried redlining what I was talking about, but by all means someone else feel free to give more advice because well, I'm not super at feathers or scales. XD

Someone from here had a lovely little diagram of do's and don'ts on feathers, I was thinking.
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Ah that looks better, I really need to improve on the whole perspective thing ^_^;;. I'll keep it in mind when I next get a chance to do any drawings. Thanks.