Needing some Advice! (Subject : Kougra)

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Veo

Needing some Advice! (Subject : Kougra)

Post by Veo »

I sketched this out for Dance, but I ran into two problems with the drawing, and one with Photoshop CS2 itself.
Obviously, this is just an outline and nothing fancy or even close to done yet. ^_^

But . . .

1. Where does the second eye need to go?

2. What do I do with the (lower) belly?

Concerning PSC2 -

1. For some reason, the program REFUSES to allow me to save as a JPG after I got down sketching this out. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I know Photoshop will let you save something as such, but it's acting weird . . .

Other that that, any other crits and help is always appreciated. This is one of Dance's Neopets, Jade the Tyrannian Kougra. ^_^
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

aha! She so sexy, I like what you've got so far ^^

I think the eye could be "backed up" a bit, if you know what I mean, so that'll leave you room for the other eye as well. (As in, move the existing eye towards the ear...oh geez, I'm feeling like I'm talking in gibberish, sorry)

*glee* I'm just so excited that your drawing my Jade!
ImageImageImage
Gazella Dama

Post by Gazella Dama »

You didn't seem to mind the last time I redlined, sooo I just took the liberty with this one. I like it so far! The only thing I did was move the existing eye towards the ear a little bit, as dance mentioned, and then just copied and horizontally flipped it for the other eye (and redrew the pupil). I'm not sure if that's what you're going for, but.

And then I just messed with her shoulders and legs a bit. The former should probably have more of a slope to them, and I don't think the latter would come up quite so high since cats are pretty slinky, low-slung animals. I think the belly was okay, I just brought the heel of the other leg down and made it a little more indefinite with fur, but you weren't too far off with the shape, it's just the junction with the legs that needs a bit of polishing.

Good luck! I love her face, it's so feminine and pretty!

P.S. What error message are you getting in CS2? I just do File --> Save As and then select JPG from the dropdown menu. It asks what quality I want it saved as, and I usually select between 9 and 12. If you're using multiple layers, it'll probably ask you if you want to flatten the image first, or it will automatically try to save it as a .psd file (or you can flatten the image manually before you save as).
Veo

Post by Veo »

All i needed - Thanks again, Gazella Dama! You're the best!!

(---as for the error message, there is none. There is just no - "Jpg" option . . .

WTF? 0.o;;
Gazella Dama

Post by Gazella Dama »

Hmmm, go to Image --> Mode and make sure it's on RGB color and 8 bits per channel?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Also make sure the layers are flat ^_^ If you have multiple layers, it won't let you save as a jpeg.

It looks -lovely- so far! Gazella already did all the redlining for you xD
Veo

Post by Veo »

It was the Image -- > Mode thing. Thanks! I can save as the J-pegs nowz! *happy*