Just some Shoyru Art . . .

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Veo

Just some Shoyru Art . . .

Post by Veo »

Hand-drawn. No tablet, no fancy Photoshop filters. An hour and a half.

This is what I got.

I know I need to draw another Shoyru to fill in the picture, if not two, and the Pink Shoyru needs some more color (scanner killed it), and I know the positionings a bit weird (I can fix it in Photoshop), and I need a background . . . . but, any sort of advice or crits are always welcome! *huff!*

*runs off to class*
Flossy

Post by Flossy »

It's a very nice picture. I like the style, but the Starry Shoyru's left arm is very wrong in terms of anatomy. Actually, sometimes when I look at it, it seems like it's his left arm and other times it looks like its his right arm and his body is turned slightly. If that's the case, then it's the wings that need to be improved on and not the arms. I'm sure you've figured it out for yourself though and that you will change it in Photoshop, like (I think) you said ^^

As for background, seeing as Shoyru Day is in April and April is a spring month, maybe some trees with blossom on them? Or just something really springified? Perhaps a nice outdoor background with lots of flowers? It isn't that hard to come up for inspiration, especially when it comes to backgrounds. Take a look around the Neopets site or do a Google image search and see if there's anything you can reference from.

I know I gave you crit about the Starry Shoyru but apart from that, it's a very nice picture and I'm sure it will be even better when you've finished it ^^
Veo

Post by Veo »

Updated. How is this?

((Flossy, thanks for all your advice. It really helped!))