Head Start on a Grey Day picture - Crits?

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Akerin

Head Start on a Grey Day picture - Crits?

Post by Akerin »

This idea just popped into my head, and I thought it was cute, so I had to draw it before I forgot. Honestly, I don't like Grey Shoyrus, but I haven't drawn a Shoyru at all for a long time and I thought I could make it look at least half decent.

Anyways, it's going to be a Rainbow Shoyru who's being painted Grey, and has just taken a fall from the happy sky and landed smack on his face.

I can't draw hands, so I'm planning on just putting a magical floating paintbrush somewhere. Problem is, I can't think of where to put it to make it look like it's painting the Shoyru instead of randomly floating off to the side. That's mostly what I want help on.

I'm planning on changing the position of that left wing, so that it doesn't look so strained. Already erased the right one. :)
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Have the head and wings Grey, the paint brush gliding over the body where that ends, and the the tail and feet still rainbow?

That'd be kinda cool.

But the picture is really cool already, good job.
Last edited by Jamie on 12 Feb 2006 08:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Awwww I wanna see it coloured. Neat idea. ^_^
Image Image
Float

Post by Float »

Ooh pretty. And I'm sure you'll be able to tell the pb is painting it as long as the pet is half gray, half rainbow, as you sketched it.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Would it be possible to color the background too so it makes it seem as though he's flown into an area that's sucking the color and happiness out of everything?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

Maybe some rainbow paint on the ground around him too? Whatever you do, it already looks way better than the real grey shoyrus. :P
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

Thats so adorable, I can't wait to see the finished product. Maybe, like Jamie said, have the tail and feet still fading into rainbow, but it could have splatters of grey on it and stuff.
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Dead Webby wrote:Thats so adorable, I can't wait to see the finished product. Maybe, like Jamie said, have the tail and feet still fading into rainbow, but it could have splatters of grey on it and stuff.
I got the feeling that was the intended idea from the beginning. What with the back end having stripes marked on it.
Akerin

Post by Akerin »

Heh. Yep. Cheese is right. ;)
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

Righty. Excuse my terrible art-critic-ness :roll:
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.