Subject : Tyrannian Krawk

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Veo

Subject : Tyrannian Krawk

Post by Veo »

Music - Ghost in the Shell OST, The Killers, a bit of Silent Hill 2 OST at the end . . .

So, I was all like, "ZOMG LAYERS." And it was good. Took roughly two hours.

Anyway, comments or questions would be loved! Hope you like it - I want to win that damnable trophy for Krawk Day! *shakes fist*
checkers

Post by checkers »

I love it, the shading is very nice and the style is something that I don't see often. Only thing wrong with it is that the mouth the part where the mouth isn't a line it sorta just breaks off then re-makes another line for the mouth, like on the Chibi Ghostly (Subeta) and that the back tooth (nearest to the eye) has some green in it, from the background, unless this Krawk is a Veggie Tyrano-pet XD, other than that I think it is a great bit of art. Good luck winning the trophy for Krawk Day...you mean the Art Gallery? If I'm being honest, the picture doesn't look very Krawk-Day it just looks like a picture, you could add some writing or something too it otherwise it just looks like a portrait. Forgive me if you don't mean Art gallery ^_^;

Oh, and you know your Shoyru day one?, well the Happy Shoyru day! part didn't look good, maybe try effects or styles with the writing it may give it more of an interesting look, whereas the Shoyru day one wasn't really eye-catchy writing.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Ooh, pretty. The green was a nice choice of background for this picture. I really like his expression, especially the eye, as well.

I do think you might want to add more shading to the back fin though. The rest of him is much more detailed, and the solid light brown on the edge of the fin looks like you forgot to shade it there.

Oh, and just a note to ya, Checkers, the broken-line mouth is a (currently very popular) style. I use it myself most of the time and I wouldn't call it "wrong." It's one of the hallmarks of Eevee1's art style, and I've never see her called on it. XD
Veo

Post by Veo »

YAY! Advice!

I'll fix everything you guys mentioned - not a problem at all. Thanks! ^_^

((And I will add some text . . . it shall be most awesome . . . ))
checkers

Post by checkers »

Yeah, I know it's a style, one that I'm not fond of xD to be honest.

Glad I could help, the tooth just made me think of That's so Raven, when she had that bit of Spinnich omelette stuck in her mouth. I'd have two files one without text and one with text, that way you can decide what is best.
Gazella Dama

Post by Gazella Dama »

That's so cute, Arch, I love the abstract background. We should do an art trade sometime :D
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

It's one of the hallmarks of Eevee1's art style, and I've never see her called on it. XD
That's because she doesn't allow any criticism on her work, constructive or otherwise. I'm not fond of it, either- animals don't have broken mouths; their jaws open.

It's cute, though you should probably be aware that they definitely prefer fullbody pictures in the Art Gallery. The chest is also a bit prominent- it shouldn't really stick out as far (well, technically, the anatomy is more like a quadruped than a biped so its chest should be parallel to the ground and not out at all, but I think you were going for the anthro look.)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The broken-mouth thing is from manga. So, as long as you don't mind/recognize the Japanese influence, you can use that style all you like.
Image Image
Veo

Post by Veo »

I just did the jaw line thing because I was too lazy to connect it. XD

But I can fix it - i usually do anyway - And yes, I was going for the anthro . . . lookie thing. Or I was too lazy to do anything else. Then again, my last piece was a portrait of Mossy the Faerie Tonu, so I'm kinda hooked to the concept, you know??

Dandelions - thanks for the tip - I'll fix the chest a bit. :P
Veo

Post by Veo »

Edited version. I changed everything anyone mentioned, except for the chest - I decided to leave it how it was.

Thanks again! ^__^

EDIT - Picture didn't get in, damnit all. I guess I'll try again later . . . -__-::
checkers

Post by checkers »

Aw, I'm sorry it didn't get in, maybe next time try a picture of the pet doing something or with a full-body and a petpet. Like for this picture you could've done:

A Tyrannian Krawk with a noil on its back and a noil at its feet smiling and all cute, and have Krawk Day - Y9! on the corner, but with this it's just a Head portrait and it doesn't really look Krawk-Celebrationary.{{Ish}}
Veo

Post by Veo »

yeah, it's something I've realized for the future - full body wins, hands down. >_>::