Curse's Broken Heart

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
SammyCysso

Curse's Broken Heart

Post by SammyCysso »

Curse sprang up onto Duel's desk where she was putting on her make-up. "Good morning, my beautiful Queen," Curse said with a smile on his face. Duel glanced over at Curse.

"Stop calling me your Queen," she snapped, creating a streak of eyeliner underneath her right eye. "You don't rule the world, and I'm not married to you."

Curse stopped in mid-air. Stammering, he muttered, "Well, um..." He thought quick on his paws. "What are you doing? Because I have a new plan all thought out... And I was wondering if you would assist me."

"Can't," Duel replied, creating another streak underneath her other eye. "I'm getting ready for a date with Mega."

"Well... You can't possibly like him that much..."

Duel smirked. "Aw man, little furball... Where have you been the past few months? Mega and I are
dating. Duh. He loves me, and I love him back." Duel got out of her chain and scratched Curse's head. "I'll see you later, little furball." And with that, she walked out of her bedroom.

Curse sat on the desk, dumbstruck. "But, Duel," he muttered, tears forming in his eyes, "I thought you loved me..."

---

Aww... I feel sorry for the little devil. Taken from Cursed Future, Curse finally realizes that Duel doesn't love him. He takes it the wrong way, and in jealousy, supposedly kills Mega to get Duel.

Wow, this is my best picture of little Curse yet. ='( It's such a sad picture, no?

And just a clarification: Curse is an Anubis, Duel and Mega are Shoyrus, and Curse and Duel are my Neopet and PetPet. Mega is my friend's, Ray, Neopet. *nods*
SammyCysso

Post by SammyCysso »

What, no one likes my beautiful picture? Pssh.
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

I like it! I noticed soem people don't really comment on art *pokes hers*. Your anubis is cute, I really like the style you used on him. Don't you hate when some of your best stuff is on lined paper or class notes? >.<
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I don't tend to comment on art because I don't have much fruitful to say. "It's cute!" gets old after a while. But your picture is cute, and don't assume that because no one says anything that we haven't looked at your post. I looked at it a couple of times, but I didn't have anything to say (or was too tired to think of anything), so I went away again. So don't give up on posting your art just because folks are silent.

Just a note: we generally frown upon posting immediately afterward yourself to bump your post up. Obviously since you're new, you didn't know this. In future, though, please edit your original post and we'll all be happier campers. :)

Oh, and I have to add that I love Anubis(es?) (Anubi?). They're one of my original favourite petpets. :) I think I have about 10 of them in my SDB, because I was hoping to make some money off of the recent Anubis day...oh well, that didn't pan out.
oh em gee

Post by oh em gee »

*pats curse* aw, i like his marshmellow-like paws. :D

question: take it the wrong way- so curse is just like, owner-pet in love with duel, right? and when she says she loves mega, curse thinks she doesn't care about him anymore?

or is it actually the whole unrequited love - "you don't love me! you love someone else, so i'm going to kill him to make you mine" kind of love?

just got a little confused on the story. :x

but since this is art... *refers to her first sentence again* and i like how his wings are drawn- little things that aren't exactly attached to him.
SammyCysso

Post by SammyCysso »

Ah, thank you everyone. ^-^
chickvw wrote: Don't you hate when some of your best stuff is on lined paper or class notes?
Actually, I have several lined paper notebooks that I use for drawing. Sometimes I'm completely oblivious to the lines, so that's why I usually draw on lined paper. *nods*
oh em gee wrote:question: take it the wrong way- so curse is just like, owner-pet in love with duel, right? and when she says she loves mega, curse thinks she doesn't care about him anymore?

or is it actually the whole unrequited love - "you don't love me! you love someone else, so i'm going to kill him to make you mine" kind of love?
It's the second one, because Curse gets jealous of Mega. He thought that Duel should've loved him instead of Mega because Duel found Curse first.
Twisted
Location: On the run from the thought police. With a big jar of Fizzy Fish.

Post by Twisted »

It's adorable-I love the unique design and the blurb bit-but I think you can use some stronger colouring. Press really hard on the pencil and you get BRILLIANT shades. Tonal blending is good as well.
Feel free to say if you want more coloured pencil tips, I know quite a bit about them.
Returned for the moment...I guess.