What Artprogram do Subeta artists use? =/

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
checkers

What Artprogram do Subeta artists use? =/

Post by checkers »

Hello, I plan on applying to become an Artist for Subeta one day..and well I don't know what artprogram they use, so basically I want to have the program test it out and do some pictures on there, because currently I have MS Paint and I can't do much on it, I was going to apply with a Spectrum Aeanoid picture, but I thought it'd be easier to do the rainbow line stuff effect on ..... program.
Subeta's Rainbow effect done with _ _ _ _
C:\Documents and Settings\oliver\My Documents\My Pictures\omzg.bmp
My poor attempt done with MS Paint..Please don't laugh x.x

Edit: I fail at art xD I might try to be a User Admin instead.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Subeta artists all use different programs. It's a personal choice thing. FMD uses both Flash and Photoshop for her art, and I couldn't speak for any other artists specifically but I know some use Painter and Open Canvas - just about anything.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

We use a variety of things.. What matters most is your ability to work with the program to make a subeta-ish end result. XD I use Adobe Photoshop CS3 personally, but I know others use Flash and possibly others too..
checkers

Post by checkers »

Thankyou, I shall try to get these.
Are these all downloadable? or do you have to pay for them?

If I were an Artist I don't know what I'd do..well whatever Keith asked, but I'd need to work really hard at my computer drawing skills....

Q) If say I was the drawer of Aeanoid and I were to make a Gold Aeanoid would I just use a Common Aeanoid as a Template and Colorfill it? =/
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The pets are all 'claimed' by an artist - so you couldn't do an aenoid if you worked for the site because it already belongs to another artist. You would have to ask permission from that artist first.

A lot of artists aren't necessarily pet artists anyway. You start off as a regular artist and apply to be a pet artist.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Yeah, you can't try pets until a month after you join, and then they have to decide if you're capable as a pet artist (it's more stringent than drawing items).

I think there's a sticky in this forum on how to get art programs.
checkers

Post by checkers »

jessibean wrote:The pets are all 'claimed' by an artist - so you couldn't do an aenoid if you worked for the site because it already belongs to another artist. You would have to ask permission from that artist first.

A lot of artists aren't necessarily pet artists anyway. You start off as a regular artist and apply to be a pet artist.
I know I said Say if I was the Aeanoid Artist like I could've easily said Say if I was the Dragon Artist, it was an example.. I'd probably not be able to do pets but I am quite good at items =3
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

ooh are you gonna post any of your items in this thread?
checkers

Post by checkers »

Sure why not ^_^ They're Neopet items though from when I was active on that site.
I'll edit this post later with the images *searches files*

Ohmy, now that I look back on a few they look ugly...I was drawing to the styles of fruits:
TNT's image of the item "Crater Fruit"
This is what made me think thick lines wouldn't be too bad...but oh boy they are.
This is my image of my made up "Cherry Kissy lip fruit"
XD I look back on it and regret even typing I was good at items...well it's ok I suppose for 2 years old and done on MS Paint *covers up that it's rubbish with that* heehee! ^^; *embarriss*