Need some Crit on a new Pic

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
anzuronamin

Need some Crit on a new Pic

Post by anzuronamin »

I'm working on this new picture for the GIMP, and I wanted some critique (especially on anatomy and wrinkles).

If anyone could redline it, point out where I should try something different, or anything of the like, please tell me. This picture is more or less practice, but I just need some ideas on where I might have messed up.

Also, pay no attention to the doodles in the back that you may be able to see faintly >___> My scanner popped them up in the picture. They're from the page behind this one in my sketchbook.
Veo

Post by Veo »

I hope this helps . . . ^__^

Please don't take any of this seriously - i was just kinda doodling! The face needs to be centered - the eyes are a bit off. I also assumed she had a ribbon in her hair, which i touched up.

I also added more ribbon around her, for more humor, and put arrows where the ribbons would therefore "pull" that part of the clothing in.

Anyway, that idea of humor caused me to add many other facial expressions you can use if you wish. I figured this was a humourous picture, anyway. ;)

The rest is just crazy-ass doodling. Pay no mind. XD

Quick question, however - what medium did you use for this? Pencil and pen on paper or what?

Hope this helps! ^________^
anzuronamin

Post by anzuronamin »

Thank you, Veo ^^ Yes, I did doodle it out on paper first, scanned it and inked it in the GIMP, then submitted it here for critique. I use a mouse, hence the bumpyness at points ^^;

And I love all the faces on it XD Cracked up laughing when I saw the one on the right. I'd be making that face, too, if I was in that position o____o; I should probably practice with things that DON'T look like bondage o________o;
Veo

Post by Veo »

Not a problem - I just wanted to help, that's all. Thanks for your praise! ^_^

And actually, I would advise not using GIMP to ink in anything, really - a mouse is just too hard to control. I use a tablet mouse which serves me well, but I can't help but think your picture would look better if you didn't GIMP it . . .

Just a thought, that's all! >_>::