Calling all artists! ^_^

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Veo

Calling all artists! ^_^

Post by Veo »

I have this idea. In concerns any person out there who would like to try something at drawing - I guess I just want to see some more artwork on the boards here, I don't know. I'm actually hoping this to be a regular thing, really. >_>

So, this is a test.

The summary? Someone gets a creative idea for something, either a concept, adjective, or creature - just something - and have others draw it the way their imagination "sees" it. Just for fun.

Obviously, I want feedback on this. Please post your thoughts! (Please don't lurk!)

--------

So, I have an idea that would get anyone's artist sense tingling - in celebration of the newest Pokemon games coming out - why not start there?

So, in your eyes, draw a new Pokemon. Pick and type and roll with it. Legendary, common - one monster, two, five - I don't care! I just want to see your own imagination soar!

Hoping to see some pictures soon! ^___^
Last edited by Veo on 08 May 2007 06:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ooh, I might just use this as an excuse to draw what I think Dragonite SHOULD have looked like as the evolution of Dratini-Dragonair (my favorite two Pokémon) instead of a goofy orange thing that wouldn't be so bad EXCEPT as the last evolution thereof.

And then I should hook up my scanner and see if it does any fraction of justice to the objects it scans. :P

If I do this, expect it in about a week.
Veo

Post by Veo »

I'm just trying to get some inspiration going for you crazy kids. :D

Was going to be a Mewthree . . . turned into something else! >_>;;

Ideas as I drew -

Name - Siristride (Siren + Stride)
Height - 6' 5'
Weight - 130 pounds
Type - Psychic / Water
Learns moves like --> Calm Mind, Water Pulse, Sing, Psychic, etc.
Found - Rare on some seacoasts

Pokedex Entry - Sings to convey emotions. Often said to bring good luck when seen hovering above the water.

Etc => Always female. Floats to get around.

Hope this helps some people get some ideas! ^__^

----

EDIT - Fjorab, I can't wait to see it!
checkers

Post by checkers »

A final evolved form of Jynx, so she can be like Magmar and Electabuzz, with a baby form and a final form.

That'll be a cool Pokémon, I might draw it soon.
Veo

Post by Veo »

I think Jynx already has a baby form . . Smoochum, wasn't it? 0.o;;

EDIT - Yeah, I'm dumb and misread that. Oops. >_>::

Glad to see some ideas already! ^__^
Last edited by Veo on 08 May 2007 01:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I think checkers means that he wants to do the final form, so it can have all three.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

:* *Shall make a dung beetle and grasshopper one*
Image Image
ImageImage
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oooo now this is just popping up on such the right time. I just joined a couple of friends and we are doing a table top pokemon rpg they came up with and they are letting all players come up with their own pokemon to be used in the game. I'm now in the works of makeing my own pokemon. I have it in my head, I just have to take the time to get it drawn and once I do I wouldn't mind showing you guys. ^_^

Now I'm curious, would a version of evee that isn't already out there count? Like a ghost type evee? Just curious cause for the game I"m working on a form of each type evee doesn't already have.

Ooh and Veo, loving your pokemon! So very cool looking, I would so catch one of those. **pets it**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

:o I made a steel, flying, fighting, bug, and grass, ice, before the D/P ones eeveelution..! ..I should get to drawing now
Image Image
ImageImage
Veo

Post by Veo »

Anything works. I personally might end up drawing another version of an ice eevee, even though there is one already out there. :P

Also, one word. Dragon-type Eevee. XD

Alicorn, thanks for the praise! ^___^
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Sweet! Later today, after work, then I shall scan and post up the two eevee's I have drawn so far, a ghost and bug type. I shall be drawing the other types later on, just gotta get myself in that drawing mood. ^_^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
checkers

Post by checkers »

I drew the Jynx final evolve formation out on paper, then I couldn't scan so I tried to attempt to draw it on paint, and it isnt exactly what it was like on paper, it looks worse and it's hard to cram detail into that much space so here it is:
ImageImageImage
Smoochum | Jynx | Hexir
Smoochum - As in Smooch
Jynx as in Jinx
Hexir as in Hex

XD that's where the name is from I'll try to scan in the hand-drawn version.
ImageImage
They kinda have broider bodies and look powerful i went for this effect on Hexir.
In this actual hand drawn version, Hexir isn't wearing that type of dress (the bottom section), but i found it hard to draw what I planned out on paper into pixel.

Right now I am really trying to scan in this Hexir picture =D I assure you it will be done.
I'm also working on a Mr. Mime final "Mime Senior"
Tangela Baby "Tangd" as there is now a Tangrowth. XD

and I might work on a Goldeen female evolution, as it is a Seaking
I am really annoyed at the pixel Hexir .-. I must find a scanner!
kerg

Post by kerg »

This sounds like a fun idea, I love Pokemon! Unfortuently, I don't have a scanner, which sucks because I happen to have some fake Pokemon that I drew recently. They were cat-like Fire starter Pokemon. The fist one was Flameow (flame+meow), the second was Felinferno (feline+inferno), and the last one was Leoblaze (leo, meaning lion+blaze). I was working on Water ones too, dragon looking things named Snaquave (snake+wave), Serpentide (serpent+tide), and Dracurrent (drake, meaning dragon+current). If I get the urge to dooldle them up on Paint I will, otherwise I'll just have to look at all of yours. :)
Veo

Post by Veo »

I'm so please many are taking this seriously - I can't wait to see some more drawings or ideas soon! ^^____^^
checkers

Post by checkers »

Why wouldn't they take is seriously? xD

I'm going to redraw that Pixel Hexir, I couldn't find the original sketch I did on paper, then today I found it under my copy of Advanced science 3 xD (Im in set one and we have advance work to take home sometimes) and I realised that the hair, arms and legs are all wrong so I'll be drawing it in pixel again, then I might try to get it scanned in have my friend rid of all pixels and colour it on the PC =)