Wing sketch help?

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Wing sketch help?

Post by AngharadTy »

Okay, so, I'm designing my Hissi with bone wings and suchlike. And her left wing (the one to our right, looking at it) came out nicely, I think, but I can't figure out her right wing (the one to our left). Soooo I'm posting here hoping that someone who's good at wing anatomy could give me a redline on <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/ ... tch.jpg>my sketch</a>? I'm fine with the humerus and radius/ulna, and I quite like the position of her fused carpals but I can move that if need be. But her fingers are sadly wrong; I'm not good at this foreshortening deal, and Jazzy suggested they point S or SSE instead of NW/W. I can't make them do that, though. Any tips?

It'd help if I had a bat wing of my very very own that I could pose. But all I have are my hands and they just aren't helpful at all.
Image Image
tehcutiepie

Post by tehcutiepie »

Question: is she going to have membranes on her wings?

Anyway, I gave it a go, but I'm not entirely sure with the first one. If I could make things look as if they're going into the distance it'd probably look better. Otherwise, I think the second one would work better with the position. Which is, I think, what Jazzy also suggested.

Sketch 1
Sketch 2

Hope those were at least somewhat helpful :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hee, thanks! I do like the second better, though the first is very dynamic. It's probably like those poses models strike that look great but are actually really uncomfortable...

And no, no membrane. ^_^
Image Image