Subetart: Dragon

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Goldenchaos

Subetart: Dragon

Post by Goldenchaos »

Edit: Was getting tired of it, sorry
Last edited by Goldenchaos on 18 Jun 2007 06:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Wow... man, I'd get that pet, if it existed. I haven't wanted any Dragon, but I love that one. I'm not just saying that because of the whole snafu--it's really gorgeous; I love the pose and the art. Especially that belly, awwww.

Edit: On a tiny note, I'd kind of like to see some hint of scales on the head. I like how they look on the limbs.
Image Image
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

oh-em-gee, that honestly looks great...I would buy a GA medal for that dragon.

Nice mix of Western/Eastern Dragons.

Has any other nerdly person like myself bought the book of Dragonology? That book (and your illustration) show very nicely, the different dragon styles one can draw.

EDIT: Had to edit...can't believe I spelled Western as weatern. Please beat me next time I do that. x.x
Last edited by danceu4ia on 11 Jun 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Edit: Was getting tired of it, sorry
Last edited by Goldenchaos on 18 Jun 2007 06:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Perfect! I love it. Great work, really. ^_^
Image Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

See, if this was the real revamp I would be happy. You managed to keep the charm of the old one and upgrade the art, to what I think is the right standard for Subeta.

You should totally reapply for staff, it's a tragedy that anyone as talented as you could get dropped. I hope Kelpie or someone sees this. :P
Fever

Post by Fever »

Wow...seriously, I /love/ it. It still has the feel of the old dragon that I loved so much, but with new and improved art. Thats all the dragon revamp really needed, and I love that it kept a similar pose, as I really loved the old dragon pose.

Seriously, lovely work!
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Oh my God, you're brilliant! :o It looks fantastic, and keeps the charm of the old Dragon perfectly - even the smile! Great job - please, please, please apply to become a Subeta artist!
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

That is gorgeous. I have no complaint at all over this drawing - and had THAT been the re-vamp, I'm sure people would have bowed at your feet.

Excellent.
painesgrey

Post by painesgrey »

absolutely gorgeous. i'd be tempted to change zauberei back into a dragon if the poses looked like that..
ImageImage
Rah

Post by Rah »

Wow, that really is stunning :)
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

can I kiss you?! That is so much better than the current version. You totally kept the spirit of the dragon intact while adding a little something that made it even better. I just used an elixir on my poor dragon and changed it into a Popoko because I just couldn't stand to look at the new version anymore....if your version had been the revamp I would never have felt compelled to change my poor Starry into a different species. Big huge congrats to you on finding a happy medium between the old look and a new one. You get a gold star from Shae!!!!
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

AngharadTy wrote:Wow... man, I'd get that pet, if it existed. I haven't wanted any Dragon, but I love that one.
QFE

I'm not a big Subeta dragon fan, either (my Endeavour aside...), but it really is lovely. It's more appealing than the current dragon, IMO (I don't mean to knock the artist who drew it; it's just not a pet that I'm interested in owning).
Has any other nerdly person like myself bought the book of Dragonology? That book (and your illustration) show very nicely, the different dragon styles one can draw.
I haven't, but now I am intrigued.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I LOVE IT. My only qualm is that the eyes look a little angry/mischievous, whereas the old Dragon had a calm, relaxed look.

If this were the new Dragon revamp, I'd be all over it, even if the eyes stayed like that.
dragonriderofpern

Post by dragonriderofpern »

Wow... *is stunned* if that was the Dragon pose...I would make everyone single one of my pets Dragon. That is soooo amazing,and wonderful and cool and... everything! I love how you kept the smile and it has the same feel as the old one, but better art.
~Gillian