Non-petsite digital art

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Elzaim

Non-petsite digital art

Post by Elzaim »

Howdy,

Here are some of my recent (and not so recent) digital paintings. Some are commissions, and some are done just for fun. All of these were done free-hand with a wacom tablet in photoshop.

Enjoy!

and one commission of a Reborn Harvestar for 'Altixweb' on Subeta:

Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

I love the blue betta beyond words -- it looks quite similar to my dearly departed Laertes. You did a great job of capturing the betta's attitude.

The fur on the cat is absolutely gorgeous, but I was confused by what I guess is the tail -- for the first few beats of looking at it, I was convinced that it was a part of the kitty's right ear (our left). The eyes also seem to stand out a bit too much, as if they could do with more shading or something to make them look more a part of the cat's face ... but I might not know what I'm talking about; I'm basing that thought off my own calico, whose colours are very similar to this, and who has really intensely shaded multi-coloured eyes. I love the way you did the paws -- that's something I always struggle with when I try to draw cats in this "from above" angle, and this looks really great.

The black parade one is really neat. Sorta like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band gone goth or zombie. Do you have more pictures of people that you've done? You seem quite excellent at drawing them as well.
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

Thanks for the nice comments. :) I appreciate it!

The blue betta was a commision I did for a friend on a fish messageboard - the rest except the back betta were paintings I did for an online newsletter related to fish. :)

Yeah, that tail confused me too (I must've stared at the photo for a half an hour before I figured out it was the tail!) The cat's eyes in the photo are very bright and almost glistening with water, which is why they stand out so much on the picture. They were this intense penetrating green with just a flicker of amber - really pretty.I tried to make it as much like the photo as possible. :) (The cat was also a commission for Luckykitten on SB. Her cat has a fatal disease and she wanted me to do it's portrait so she'd always have a nice picture of her kitty.)

unfortunately, I don't have any other pictures to put up of humans that I've done. The Black Parade painting above was my first attempt at painting realistic humans in photoshop, but I have done many oil paintings and pencil/conte renderings of models (as in, life drawing - nude models) and other people which are either sold, or tucked away in a dark lonely closet at my parents house. :P
Taryth

Post by Taryth »

absolutely gorgeous!
I love the cat's eyes, and the fish are so breathtaking!