Initial sketch. Subeta related Edit: Commission pic ^_^

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
gomababe

Initial sketch. Subeta related Edit: Commission pic ^_^

Post by gomababe »

This is the initial sketch of my pet Kessil, who is a darkmatter Swampie. i'd like any advice you lot can give me regarding shading and anatomy. My apologies for the faint lines, my scanner doesn't like pencil for some reason ^_^;

Thanks again for any advice given.
Last edited by gomababe on 21 Sep 2007 07:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
checkers

Post by checkers »

My first thoughts are Old Swampie look, is that what you were drawing like? (You want it to look Un-Revamped)
You head Horn/Fin things are the wrong sizes, the first one is Medium size, the middle one is the largest and the last one is the smallest.

Also the fin things around swampies eyes are three fins, whereas on your picture it has, nine fins around the eyes. Also, again on the back they have 5-6 back fins yours has 7, so I changed that too ^^ I think that the back was too big or the belly, but I picked the back to change, and the tail was too small.

I redlined(well red lines around areas) the things I think could be changed, hopefully that helps ^^ I didn't do anything with the fins (arms) because that area is really light so it was hard to work with ;/ Sorry my terms are not exactly.. Dictionary Art terms, but hopefully I helped you :P
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Thanks Checkers, her tail is shorter than usual because she's supposed to be a bit younger than the actual pet art suggests. Thanks for the redlines, they're a lot easier to see than on the picture on the pet lookups. I'll get to work on that a bit later and repost ^_^. Thanks again.

ETA: I've been working on another sketch for the people over at the digimon RP I'm a part of since we've all been away for the summer and not much has been going on there. It's nothing to do with the RP but I thought it would cheer the gloomy mood up.

The completed pic: Image

note: if this is too large, please say so and I'll direct link instead.

ETA 2: I did a a picture of a glacier Tigrean as a free commission for the Cult leader of the cult I'm a part of. It's not perfect but I spent a lot of time on it and am relatively happy with the way it turned out ^_^.

Again, if the pic is too large, just say so and I'll direct link.