Subeta Art : Custom Celinox

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Subeta Art : Custom Celinox

Post by Dollfie »

First I want to say the only reason I feel comfortable posting this is because it's not supposed to be exactly awesome. I still hope it is to some degree... X.x
Also I want to give a massive hug to any and all Subeta artists (should any stop by here) who have had to draw scribbles. I doubt too many of them had issues doing so and I'm just crazy because I've had the hardest time letting go of my perfectionism. That fine line between simplicity and un-cute is just too hard for me to walk. I kept going back and simplifying my details... then over complicating them again... it was a nightmare.

The coloring was fun but I still ended up making the line art too nice for a scribble pet. I fail... at failing. I so need a graphics tablet... then maybe I could have let go of my complicated-ness for a moment. Maybe...

For anyone curious about the pet, her name is Narkissa. She is prettier than you, smarter than you and just plain better than you. She has jumped around as far as colors and species. She started out a DM Feli then got changed into a DM Celinox... she is now Hydrus but I don't like that either. So I figure I'll waste a bit more sp making her scribble until I finally find something I like. I thought it would be just too special to make her scribble considering her vanity.

EDIT: Forgot to say how I did this... Drawn on some random form of art paper, inked and scanned, then colored in PSP8. Like anyone was missing that crucial piece of information. XD
Last edited by Dollfie on 08 Dec 2007 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Subeta Art : Custom Celinox

Post by AngharadTy »

That is very adorable. I like the eyes especially.
Image Image
Dollfie

Post by Dollfie »

Thank you very much for the compliment. Now if I could only put it up on her pet profile... well I guess I could but I wouldn't be able to see it. The thin line of *her* right front leg annoys me but I think I've just been staring at it too long. I was mainly looking at the scribble style of the Feli... minus the coloring over the line art.

EDIT: Image
Okay I am not messing with this picture again. Really. I didn't color the muzzle correctly and since I was at it, I went ahead and changed the crystal color to black because she is going to have a Maliss and gave her a mouth so she'd have a bit more personality.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I love it! I'd definitely make a Scribble Celinox if they looked like that. :D
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Trust me, many of us had problem doing scribble pets. XD It's hard to draw "ugly" and scribbly when you want to make it look perfect, and then you want to make sure you don't make it -too- scribbly.. I know some people weren't as fond of my scribble experiment pet because it looked too nice, but I hated it when I made it too scribbly. D:

With that said, your scribble celinox is adorable. :o I like the colours you chose.
Dollfie

Post by Dollfie »

Thanks for the reassurance and compliment, Aqua! Now I *know* it wasn't just me. I just... didn't think that not trying would be so very hard. I have now decided scribble is, in fact, the most difficult color on Subeta. XP

And Thank you Mayhem! That is a very big compliment. I love the real scribble celinox, it just happens to be the wrong color... and it looks too boyish for my little girl. I think it's the nose that changes the gender in some weird way in my head.