A website redesign, and sewing craftiness!

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

A website redesign, and sewing craftiness!

Post by Mayhem »

I stayed up the majority of the night, working on my website redesign. I shocked myself, and am completely in love with it. ;_;

http://varicolored.net/

I also came up with something new, that I haven't seen before. One of my rats, Axel, LOVES IT TO DEATH. I call it the Tube Cube!

Axel says, "MORE PLS."

Thelma quite likes the pocket hammocks I make. She's frail and old, so the snugglier the better:

----------------

I'm looking for more ideas! What sorts of sewing craftiness for small animals would you like to see? I have plans for snuggly beds in the works, but other than that, I'm drawing blanks. :(

For a list of what I have currently, check out this page. If any NCers happen to be interested in anything, take 10% off your entire order! Be sure to mention who you are from here in the order form. :)

Thanks for looking, and I look forward to any constructive criticism that anyone has for me.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Re: A website redesign, and sewing craftiness!

Post by hebdenhippy »

I'm in LOVE with the Tube Cube, I may just have to buy one! It's very inventive, and I haven't seen anything like it in the shops, very nice ^^ do you think these are alright for gerbils, or is it just for rats? I don't know anything about rats, but I know my gerbils eat pretty much everything I put in their tank (an ENTIRE running wheel was once devoured by them in a single night o_O), so I'm worried they'd do this if I were to buy these, and I don't want it ruined! So I'm wondering if your rats avoid eating these, and if you have any tips to stop it getting eaten.
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Fortunately, my rats haven't really chewed any of the stuff I've made them except a few air holes. I know a few people with rats who practically devour their bedding, though. :[

I've actually seen a few people with similar bedding for their gerbils! What kind of setup do you have? The tube cube is best whenever you can hang it from something. I can make it in a smaller size if you need (that is, smaller than my "small" at 8" cubed). Here's the one I made for Axel and how I hang it in the bottom portion of the cage (my old gal, Thelma, lives in the top half):

He lives almost exclusively in the right tunnel, the part that's sitting on the shelf. LOL. I made everything in the cage except the blue tube on the bottom. That one was made by ugotogal @ livejournal. :)
Varicolored on Subeta
Zap

Post by Zap »

Hey, the tube cube is pretty cool.

I'd like to have a giant-sized one for me to get in.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I have a gerbilarium for my gerbils, which is essentially a fish tank filled with wood shavings, and then they build tunnels and dig in it. It has a wire mesh top though, so I could probably hang something from there ^^
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Zap wrote:Hey, the tube cube is pretty cool.

I'd like to have a giant-sized one for me to get in.
LOL, everyone says that. ;_; One of these days, I REALLY do need to try it. LOL!

Hehe, hebdenhippy, if you're wanting one, hit up the order form and tell me what kinds of measurements you'd be needing, and we can go from there. :)
Varicolored on Subeta