Subeta art : custom galactic celinox

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Subeta art : custom galactic celinox

Post by Dollfie »

Yay! I finally got my graphics tablet and I'm trying to get familiar with it. I keep not pressing hard enough and various stupid things like that but I LOVE IT! So I thought I'd treat you guys to a bit of my real art since I just gave a scribble pet last time around.
ImageImage
I haven't colored it yet mainly because I'm undecided about color so far. I think I'd like him to match the Mythical Myth Fish. First I wanted it critiqued though so I could fix anything major with the line art before I go through the trouble of coloring. I'm not sure if I want to keep his eye crystals like they are... they aren't very crystally and I didn't mean for them to be but if anyone thinks they would look better more typical celi then it wouldn't be a hard fix.

Also I really need the practice with my new tablet so if any NCers want to throw a random request my way, feel free and I'll get to it when/if I can. Try not to get annoyed with me if I don't deliver in a timely manner though.

EDIT: Added possible color choice for Bellaius. The colored image also has a slightly resized back spike because I'm weird and it bothered me.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Re: Subeta art : custom galactic celinox

Post by Mayhem »

Your lineart seems a little wobbly, but you'll get the hang of it. :D

I really like the eye-crystals. They look kind of masquerade mask-ish.

If you want to try something, I'd love to see your take on a Spectrum Mahar. ;3
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

ImageImage
I amuse me... that bit of crap literally gave me a headache but also makes me laugh so I must preserve it for my entertainment. -takes handful of Tylenol- The celinox is my first attempt at art with my new tablet. I'm not yet using the software that came with it, adobe photoshop and corel painter. I'm sure I will eventually but I'm comfortable with paintshop pro as I've used it since... I was a freshman in high school? Loooong time. It doesn't seem to be very pressure sensitive at all and that is rather sucky. Bleh I don't know what I'm doing... -goes off to sketch the spectrum mahar again- I'll edit this later with something less crappy hopefully.

EDIT: Second attempt... this one has the more traditional spectrum pose of leaping and stuff. I think this will be the one to finish...
Last edited by Dollfie on 22 Dec 2007 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
checkers

Post by checkers »

I like your Mahar a lot ^^ would be nice. Nice ears on the Celinox, I think the colours match the minion quite well also!

[ E D I T ]
How much did you pay for the Graphics Tablet? I might look into saving for one. Oooh, how about drawing a rabbit with a guinea pig on her head? refs: [rabbit] + [guinea] ^^; they are my two animals. (Not litterally, they're closest references!)
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Ooh, I really like the Mahars!

The first one makes me super happy. I love the pose (very Spectrum-y) and the little rainbow essence/flame thing going on is great.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage