Anatomy help - concrit please?

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Dead Webby

Anatomy help - concrit please?

Post by Dead Webby »

I'm working on a few mythical creature adoptables, i've done the rough sketch for a dragon and a griffin so far. I know there are loads of awesome artists who frequent neocolours, so I figured i'd ask for a bit of help (me being one of those poeple who can tell you if a drawing looks wrong, but not why.)
I drew the griffin a while ago, and i'm a bit more happy about it, apart from it looks a little awkward. The dragon however looks quite odd (apart from it being a skinny little thing). Help?
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
Rah

Re: Anatomy help - concrit please?

Post by Rah »

I'm not really great at the anatomy of dragons or griffins, but I can immediately see that the spine on the dragon is dipping too much in the middle. If he was very thin, I think the stomach would curve upwards, but the spine, wouldn't curve downwards, as I don't think spines can really bend that way.

I think the arms of the dragon are too far forward on the chest, they could probably do with being dragged back a bit so they're more under the where the wing starts.
Webby

Re: Anatomy help - concrit please?

Post by Webby »

Ahh, hmm, I see what you mean. And yes, I think moving the arms would be a good idea x) Thanks!
Ergh, I want to redraw and neaten the dragon outline, but I cannot find my tablet pen.