Taking graphic requests - Avatars, signatures, etc.

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: Taking graphic requests - Avatars, signatures, etc.

Post by thelonetiel »

Image Image
Image Image

I know you requested the eyrie in the av and the gallion in the sig, but I preferred it the other way, so I just did both and you can choose which you like best. ^_^;

Your art, by the way, is drop dead gorgeous and very fun to work with.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Whoops! I just realised I completely forgot to thank you for making those edits to my forum set! Well, better late than never! THANK YOU SO MUCH :D I love them!
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

OMG I love both versions of the maraquan eyrie set! I don't know which I like best now. The gallion as the av is so cute!!

Little edit request: would you be able to remove the apostrophe from the "water's"? I probably typoed it somewhere, but it's supposed to be "I saw new worlds beneath the water lie," singular. And is there a font that's a little smoother/more "poetic" looking by any chance? Picky picky picky, I know.

I can't wait to use these :D I will also use them in another neoforum I frequent (the NTWF) crediting you in the sig, if that's ok!

Thank you so much :D woohoo!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

So I finally have my computer back. It's been dead since Christmas Eve if I recall. Some gift for the holidays.

That said, love the signature Tiel. It's nothing like what I expected (though I had no idea what I expected) and yet exceeds what I expected, or didn't expect, or whatever. That font is amazing and the gentle fade from black and white to color is lovely. I especially like the avatar. I almost wonder what it'd have looked like to have the sheep on the black and white part, but unless the whole image was flipped before the color fade or the fade was on the opposite side it'd cover up the lovely barn (which happens to be my fav part of the background). By the way, where did you pick up that background image? Did you just google scenic farms or something? Looks like a place I'd like to live. Again, thanks. You're a wizard with graphics.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

I couldn't decide on fonts, so I did each a little different. xD If you like one overwhelmingly more than the other, it isn't a difficult matter to change. :3

And yay Xelio, I hope it was worth the wait then. ^_^ I liked the sheep on the colored side as it kept them as the focal point. And the barn in the picture is orangish, so it definitely would have added another color and detracted from the sheep. The picture is from a set of stock images I got with one of my graphics programs, which is nice because of the large variety of legal-to-use images it provides. :D

Oh, and if you want to use the large versions I posted previously for anything else, feel free! I can get all of them (including the av sheep) to you at even larger sizes if you want. =) Flash is nice like that.

Paint: I'll fiddle with yours now and see if I can come up with something. :)
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Tiel, Question! Have you seen the Subeta forum sets where people have an item on say, the left for the top part of the forum set with a pretty design going up, and then have it on the right on the bottom part with the design going down? Could you do something like that? Do I even make sense? XD
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I love them both -- and by consequence I'm using each on a different neoforum. Haha!

Thank you SO much! *glee*

Btw, I love your Pteri.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

Image Image
Try as I might, I couldn't get the chocolate to match with the other images, it is too different in style and color.

And Jessi, that shouldn't be too difficult, I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. :3 I'll just have to go searching for free-for-use Photoshop brushes.

On a side note, CS4 is a lovely, that solving even more of my quibbles with Photoshop, and I'm glad I finally took the time to upgrade. It lets me get rid of the black border around the work area! Or at least, it uses a drop shadow instead as default. :3
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Okay! I think I've come up with the idea I want for my forum sig set for Subeta xD I hope its not too complicated, hee xD

I want it to have a mirrored/flipped pattern of sorts on top and bottom, using some fun brushes like you said xD All in bright oranges/yellows, fiery colors. I want just the bottom part of the set to have a Thriff on it:

You can pull the colors off of that, too!

The top, I'd like to have this text on it:
'Whenever they catch you, they will kill you.'

And on the bottom, to say "But first, they must catch you."

Just in a nice, pretty crisp font :D

If you've seen Subeta forum text, its usually pretty.. skinny? About the size of my sig here now, actually, heh, so if you could work around that, but whatever xD I trust you, my lovely Tiel! I hope I made this clear enough xD

*on a Watership Down kick*
Paint

Post by Paint »

Thank you so much, Tiel, I love it! =D

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.