Taking graphic requests - Avatars, signatures, etc.

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Taking graphic requests - Avatars, signatures, etc.

Post by thelonetiel »

Soo... I recently got Photoshop and Flash and all that, but have been completely lacking in inspiration to make anything. I'd love to play with Photoshop a bit and get more familiar with it, so if anyone wants any graphics, I'll be glad to make some. It has been a while since we've had a request board here, but maybe people want something new. ^^

I'll make avatars and signature sets for here (or other forums), those forum sets for Subeta, or basic banners and other graphics. No lookups, because I don't have a good base code to work around at the moment, except for a very simple layout.

I made my av, sig and the below examples. I also have an old request board, you can peek through those if desperate.

Please just provide images and any text that you want included. I work best with Neo's images, but Subeta art is welcome, as is pretty photography and that kind of stuff.

I should go and download fonts. >>
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Re: Taking graphic requests - Avatars, signatures, etc.

Post by hebdenhippy »

Ohhh, I'd love and Avatar/Signature set!

Could I get a set with this image please, Link.

As for text, no text in the avatar please, but could you just put "Rachel" in the signature?
Preferably, could you not include the petpets, I mainly like the Gnorbus, especially the yellow one ^^ but really, do whatever you feel looks best. Thankies!
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

I was fiddling, a lot. But I learned lots of Photoshoppy stuff, so it was fun! I might of gone a little overboard playing with things, so let me know if something doesn't appeal to you, but I'm reasonably happy at last.

Image Image

Like I said, if there is anything I can change (you don't like the font or the snow overhead, PNG transparency isn't working for you, or whatever) let me know and I can fix it in a jiff. ^_^
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

They look awesome! Thank you so much! I think it looks great, and I love the falling snow you added, so cute! And I like how you made the two pictures fade together on the banner. If you're sure you don't mind editing stuff, would it be possible to remove the square pattern border things? I think they're a nice idea, but I'm not sure they fit in with the snowy theme. Also, do you think for the text on the banner, you could do something more simple like on the "thelonetiel" banner in the original post, just horizontally along the bottom-left or something. That would be awesome! Again, thank you very much for making them for me, I really do love them :D
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

Both are reuploaded, under the same name so you may have to refresh.

Going back, I'm happier with it and I hope you are too. Playing with too much stuff and getting distracted. ^^

Anyone else? I can also do more than one request at a time, as I doubt there'll be enough activity to swamp me enough for a queue.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'd like a avatar and forumset as well :) I'd like it to be themed around my beloved tribal Techo, though I'm not sure he has enough images to work with. I'll go browse around Neo then edit this with the details.

Edit: Okay, so this is the only image of my beloved Hungry Natives that I could find. I dunno if it will be big enough to work with though, so if not let me know and I'll find something else. I'm not opposed to a skinny forumset either, something like the Maraquan Eyrie you have up there. Feel free to do random background color thingies like in that example too.

Click

As for text, just writing Seerow is fine, but none on the avatar. Also for the avatar if you could keep the main focus the Techo it is now that would be great.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

It is a little small, which just makes it harder to make the sig slim and thin. It'll probably be a day or two till I can get around to making it (traveling for the holidays) so if you can find another larger image (I could have sworn that techo was in a sidebar theme, but I can't find it) that'd be nice, or another similar image you like I can blend together with that card.

Otherwise, I'll figure out something, so don't worry too much about it. ^^
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

If you're going to be willing to do another after Seerow, there's a lyric to one of my favorite songs that I'd love to have a signature set themed around. I bounce back and forth between my neopets and subeta playing and so, think it'd might be good to have a signature that works for each and has the linking option. I'll explain what I mean and see if you're willing to give it a go before I look up images.

I'm thinking the signature would be an image of a sheep that is non-petsite related with the lyric, "You say you're the black sheep, I say you're still family." Then I'd be supper spiffy I think if there was a tiny little images under it or to the side generated from a sheep-like item from both sites. Something like a babaa from neo and maybe a plushie from subeta. Sort of how like Fjorab_Teke has, but on a smaller scale perhaps. I don't want it to be too big for obvious reasons of size restriction. Anyways, if this sounds feasible and is something you'd want to do I'll go look up images for possible use.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

You want it to go under the signature you currently have? That shouldn't be too hard, as long as you're okay with the images being pretty small.

Or if you want a new set all together, that's not a problem either. I need more practice with photos and not just cartoony stuff. ^^
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Yeh, it'd be a new set all together. The fun (or madness) of it would be trying to make a real sheep photos merge with art from two sites. Course, it depends on what images I could find for possible use. I'm thinking avatar optional, then signature with the two little images to the one side or to go underneath that I could link to my subeta/neopets accounts. If I'm not being clear slap me with a wet tuna and I'll rephrase or doodle out the layout I'm thinking of.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Seerow, as an idea, you might want to PM Fjorab and see if she has that card :3 I know she used to actually play the card game and she has a ton of them - she might be able to scan a version of it in big for you :D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I might be able to, though my scanner isn't working right now. I could see if I could get my parents' scanner to play nice and get a cleaner rendition. :)
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

I dug through my cards in case I had that one without success, but it would be great if someone that does have it could scan it in. The Neo version isn't just small, but the GIF color limit also makes it less appealing.

Many thanks Fjorab! ^_^

Xelio, if you have images in mind, let me know and I might be able to get started while waiting for the final verdict on Seerow's set. =)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I have the card, but I don't think I'll be able to get access to a scanner anytime soon. Ohh well, thanks for trying anyway Tiel :D You can go ahead and start Xelios, I'll just cancel my request for now :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Seerow, I'll take a look through our cards, too, since my scanner's in perfect working order :D If I find it, I'll scan it in for you <3