Taking graphic requests - Avatars, signatures, etc.

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: Taking graphic requests - Avatars, signatures, etc.

Post by Alicorn »

I have finally figured out what I want for a forum set (took me awhile to think of what I wanted).
Could you make me an Av and sig out of this image. I don't want any text on the avater and on the sig I would like the quote "There is no great genius without some touch of madness". Just do whatever you think works best. I trust your judgment. If you need anything else let me know. And no hurries on it. I won't use it till after christmas (thinking of makeing myself a christmas theme set). Thanks!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Well Tiel, after browsing more images than necessary to make my eyes start bleeding, there do not seem to be any images of non-petsite sheep anywhere that suite me. If I'm going to request a signature from you, it's going to have to be with newly generated art. If I draw myself up a couple sheep think you can twink them into a sig set? If so, what format is best work with? I'd generate them in photoshop and would, if you're willing to work with them, save in whatever format you like. Sorry to be so complicated on you!
Last edited by Xelio on 02 Dec 2008 01:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Course Xelio, it's not problem. ^_^ They should probably be a bit larger than you'll want them eventually, and PNG is fine, though PSD might be better if the layer edges are fuzzy and you can find a place to upload them.

I'll start Alicorn's request when I'm done finishing the homework I've not worked on all holiday weekend.

Sorry about your image Seerow, but if you do find a better image from someone, let me know and I'll be glad to fulfill your request. ^_^
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Hey Tiel, I finally got around to uploading some sheep I doodled up. They're simple, but they're mine dangit and not some weird record company's mascot or whatever else I came across before. I had a bit of downtime to kill at work the other day when the kids went to speaker meetings and had a black and red sharpie at my disposal. These are what came out of it and I'm rather pleased. Really, all I want is just a signature set. The linked items I can add on my own later, when I'm feeling adventurous, since they'll just be the items from the two sites with links. I have several versions of the sheep, larger than what I'd like them to be.

Signature Images: For the signature, somehow configure the black and white sheep with the phrase, "You say you're the black sheep, I say you're still family." I don't mind a black and white motif, color being added, or whatever. I trust your wonderful judgment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/ ... -Sheep.png - Black sheep
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/ ... -Sheep.png - White sheep
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/ ... heep-1.png - Both sheep together

Avatar images: For the avatar, not sure if I like the black and white or gray version better. Just have the standard image with Xelio if you will please. I have two versions of each sheep, one showing legs, one not. If you wanted to have the legs overhanging a boarder, cool. If you'd rather work with ones without legs, that option is there as well. I put more of the body there than I'd really want shown, so you'd have more fluff to manipulate than needed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/ ... howing.png - Black and white
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/ ... howing.png - Grey
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/ ... -Sheep.png - Black and white minus legs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/ ... -Sheep.png - Grey minus legs

In short, I give you free reign to do with these baaaaaaaad boys what you will. Sorry, I know puns can kill, but I couldn't help myself...
Subeta - Neopets
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

Adorable sheep Xelio!

I hope you don't mind, I'm practicing Flash to convert them to vector images, so they'll be neater and cleaner, but they are still looking crazy cute.

Alicorn, I'll get your's done before Christmas! You shouldn't have said anything, as I'm terrible with deadlines that aren't right in front of my nose. xP
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Hehehe, it's okay. ^_^ I'm at my mom's now till next week so I wouldn't be able to do anything with it till then anyway.

Add on: Forgot to say. I love your sheep Xelio! They are so cute! XD
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Thanks Tiel (and Alicorn) for compliment and trying to clean them up. Normally I'd have done in pencil and then colored in photoshop, but I was stuck bored at work and had colored them and scanned them, and then wasn't sure how to go about cleaning them up. I used the lighting stuff best as I could, and contrast and such, but am not good with that stuff.

Anyways, I look very forward to seeing what you do with them. Maybe someday if I learn coding I can base a neopets and/or subeta look-up off them too. The sheep being that cute are a fluke and I want to exploit them!
Subeta - Neopets
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

Maddeningly, my fabulous mouse that I love and adore has decided to stop communicating with my computer. And fine detail work is difficult with a trackpad.

I went ahead and made Alicorn's set (as it was fairly simple), but Xelio, you'll probably have to wait a little bit longer until I can find a good replacement mouse. I used my brother's cordless mouse, but it is nearly broken and awkward to use. xP

Image Image

Alicorn, I liked the black and white letter background it came with, so I didn't bother to cut it out onto something new. Like with Hibdenbhippy, if there's anything I can change, let me know. =)
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Take your time Tiel. I'm a patient person and don't want to rush you.
Subeta - Neopets
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Oh I love it so much! **pets it** No need to change anything, perfect as is. I love the font you went with. What font is it if you don't mind my asking? Thank you so much for this! I think I'll be breaking down and useing this set right away and not worry about being all Christmassy. XD
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

The font is KissMeKissMeKiss me Alicorn. Glad that you like it. ^_^

And while I'm posting, a preview of the little Flashified sheep.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Oh those look so crisp and clean Tiel. Flash is such a wonderful program and loved what you did with it. Makes me wish I had it to play around with. Then again, I don't even know all the tricks to what I do have to work with.
Subeta - Neopets
Paint

Post by Paint »

Hello Tiel ^^ Could you please make me a set including the following images;

(Only the paintbrush part of that last image, if possible, not the trading card bits ^^)

You can pretty much have fun with it xD As long as it says 'Paint' somewhere on it in pretty writing, I won't be fussy. Perhaps a reddish theme? It's my favourite colour (: But, it's up to you, have fun with it. Thanks =D

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

Alright. See if this works for you, Xelio. =)

Image Image

I met Larkspurlane on the Neoboards and she sent me this request, I hope she doesn't mind if I post it here so I won't forget to get it done.
Awesome well I'm leaving tonight & I'll be gone until January 7th. But if you get bored during your christmas break... or anything... on NC you can see my rather pathetic attempt at signature-izing a pic of a maraquan eyrie. The full pic is in my "gallery" (on my RG peophin's petpage). So if you ever felt like making a set out of that pic, that would be awesome! On my account at NC, the sig part has the quote that I'd want you to include (I saw new worlds beneath the water lie / New people, and another sky). And if you could do (like I did) just the gallion in the sig + the quote, and the av with the eyrie's head. I dunno how you make that stuff look so finished, you add these little borders & you choose the perfect font and everything. I wish I had that magical touch Sorry if I'm not making sense in this NM -- been up for too long! *is supposed to be packing right now* my cab comes in an hour for the airport hahaha. Last minute panic, business as usual. Have a great xmas break! I hope it's restful for you. And I hope you get a new mouse from Santa take care!
And I'll try, Paint. Sometimes the TGCs are hard to convert to good sigs (Like Seerow's on the previous page), but I'll try to work somethign out. ^_^
Paint

Post by Paint »

Okay, thank you! =D If it's too difficult, then leave it, don't worry about it ^^ I'm sure I'll love whatever you come up with, though, you're very good at these (:

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.