Comments on some of my art? ^^

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Paint

Comments on some of my art? ^^

Post by Paint »

Okay, so I mostly lurk around here... and I realise I am in dire need of a new signature/av set, haha. But I thought I'd post some of my recent art, as I've had a burst of neo-related muse ^^'

Clicky!

I know it's a little rough and cartoony, but that's my style at the moment xD
So comments would be lovely, keep criticism constructive please ^^'

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Re: Comments on some of my art? ^^

Post by lavender »

They're all lovely, but that Werelupe is fantastic!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Paint

Post by Paint »

Haha, thank you xD I wasn't quite sure about that one the entire way through, I've never been good at drawing any sort of werecreatures ><

Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I agree that your lupe is the best, followed by your ogrin. I think doing full body portaits would work best for you for now, since there are more parts and details to work with. I think the mutant bori shows this because it's mostly made up of big chunks of colored, but otherwise empty space. I know this because it's my problem too. My island kyrii pixel portrait looked pretty decent to me at the time, and then not so much some months later. I've secretly been fixing it up forever, but it's really really hard.
Webby

Post by Webby »

I personally love the Maraquan Draik - it's face is adorable and the stance and everything seems great, although there is a bit of a lack of shading.
And of course I love the krawk x)
Paint

Post by Paint »

I can see what you mean, Huggles. I tend to do a lot of empty coloured space and scribble some shading in xD I'm sure if/when I get more time, I'll be able to define the sections more, and like Webby pointed out add more shading to the Maraquan Draik. I just tend to make it sort of rough and messy as a general rule at the moment xD

Haha, well I'm glad you like the krawk, Webby! 8D I'm working (sort of) on Mergillon at the moment, but jetsams are a little more difficult haha (: