Balloon

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Balloon

Post by Jazzy »

I actually finished this in July and haven't drawn anything since. I'm hoping that now I've bought Painter 10 (I was using 8) it'll kick me into using it, else it was a waste of money :P

Anyway, the picture. Like I said, it's a bit old, and I can see quite a few problems in it, but it'll be a while before I fix those...

covet

Re: Balloon

Post by covet »

Well I think it's lovely. Very reminiscent of illustrations from some of the old children's picture books I used to have. You look at it and can see possible stories behind it.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I love the giraffe. I want to pet it. Look at the little head! Awwww.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohhh Jazzy, this is lovely! I agree with Covet, it does look like a children's book painting. It's so whimsical. If it was bigger, I'd ask if I could use it for my background on my comp :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Ooh, Jazzy, that's so beautiful! I just love it, what a wonderful idea. I agree with the children's illustration, I can just picture a story about it in my mind!

ETA- Jazzy, Lindsey thinks you should submit this to Threadless, and I totally agree. I would buy a shirt with that on it in a heartbeat!
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

As would I. I adore Threadless shirts on the worst of days, and it would be awesome to have a shirt with a design done by someone I "know". Plus it's ridiculously cute :D
Subeta
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oh Jazzy, that is so beautiful! It's so soft looking and the animals are just so cute. I've always adored your art Jazzy and it so nice to see some new stuff by you. ^_^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

It's lovely, Jazzy. I hope Painter 10 provides the impetus you need to create more, and you share the results with us!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark