Animated Avatars requests!

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Animated Avatars requests!

Post by Sparrow »

So I'm not really sure why I'm doing this, but it's late and my brain is telling me "what the hell." :D I have just recently figured out how to make reasonably funny animated gifs from videos (see my current avatar for an example) and thought it might be fun to make others for anyone who wants one! Just tell me what clip you want, or provide the stills, and I can create a looped animation. I can make them from YouTube videos, as well! In fact it's actually a lot of fun. *snickers at my own avatar probably more than I should* So please ask away! I will let you know on an individual basis when I can work on these, as I also have schoolwork to contend with, but they will get done.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Animated Avatars requests!

Post by AngharadTy »

Just remember that we have a rule about excessive animation--it can cause headaches for some of the users here.
Image Image
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Whoops, I am sorry if my av is obnoxious, I didn't realize. Like I said, late at night = not much attention to detail. :oops: I'll take it down if it's too flashy or whatever.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I've got a request/question. :-) I have one animated gif from Sinfest panels pasted together, but it's too big in filesize to use for LJ. I really wish I could have it decent-looking but able to use on LJ. I can crop/resize all the panels I want to use in each frame, if needed, and then I'd like to figure out how to compress them better. Any suggestions?
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

I use Jasc Animation Shop 3 for these animations, which probably isn't the best program out there, but it came with my system and it's all I know. I do know that when you save the gif in that program, it gives you the option to compress the file, with varying degrees of quality loss, but it generally still looks good after compression. How big is the filesize limit for LJ anyway? I forgot.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

40KB is the filesize limit on LJ icons.

I use Easy Gif Animator, which is really really easy to use. But I haven't figured out how to make the filesize smaller.

I used to have another one that was bundled with old Ulead PhotoImpact, but I've lost track of the CD. Too many times I've moved, too much stuff hastily shoved in boxes. No motivation to hunt through all of it and sort because it's just going to happen some more for a while. :-p

I haven't found anything else that I can give a free "trial run" so I don't have to buy something that turns out to be not so great.