Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Officer 1BDI wrote:
The Clockwork Yooyu is suprisingly good to work with. It requires a whole lot of passing, by both groups, but it makes it much easier to grab it from the enemies.
I think mine glitched. When I said neither team picked it up, I really mean that no one even touched the darn thing. It exploded two seconds into the game. Is it supposed to do that, or should it only explode if it's been held for too long?
I do think that is a glitch, I think it isn't supposed to asplode unless it is held for too long.

http://neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=bellsmomo

The Faerieland BG, courtesy of a friend of mine.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

My clockwork yooyu exploded as soon as the game started, too. x:

I went with Haunted Woods again this year.
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Hallowisp
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Stupid question: on the "score page," aka the image that flashes up whenever a team member makes a goal, did they alternate which player made the score in the image last year? Because I'm noticing it now, and even more interesting, I think the player who is shown depends on which player you manipulate into making the goal.

I.e., if I use my left forward to score, the page shows Jair Tollet making the goal.

That's pretty cool if they did that on purpose.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 02 Jun 2007 03:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I think so, I was actuallt quite impressed when I saw the korbat show up oin their instead of the techo(for my team, anyways. xD).

I don't know if it's random or on purpose, though. x:
Bif

Post by Bif »

I want to join the Jelly World Team! I am yet to decide on a team for this year (last year I chose Haunted Woods first time round by a fluke) but decided to practice playing when I noticed that we played Jelly World - I really wish I could sign up for their team :(
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I have been persuaded to join Roo Island, despite my fondness for both Brightvale and Altador. *shakes fist in Will's direction* You bribed the quiz quiggle, didn't you?
Signature by Tom
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

oogabooga wrote:I have been persuaded to join Roo Island, despite my fondness for both Brightvale and Altador. *shakes fist in Will's direction* You bribed the quiz quiggle, didn't you?

join Roo Island

Heeheejoin Roo Island

join Roo Island

Just a note about the Backgrounds: You can sell/trade them, unlike the other backgrounds you start with. Right now, on the SSW, Roo Island's BG is going for about 25k, and the others are similarly priced, although Haunted Woods and Darigan seem to be more expensive. It all depends on the team, I guess. *goes back to finding people to send him Roo Island backgrounds so he doesn't have to pay for them :oops: *
join Roo Island

join Roo Island

Subliminal advertising isn't against the rules on Neocolours, is it?
solarith

Post by solarith »

*roots for Roo Island*

I ought to draw myself a Roo Island set.

I went with them last year and I decided to go with them again, as Lilo Blumario is awesome. And I do kinda like the little Usul on the team, Fenny Vail. I can forgive that the Maraquan Eyrie looks a bit odd on the team, Mara Eyries are awesome. ;)

I put my Roo Island BG on my Pirate Kougra, the only pet on my main that can be customized. Though I suppose it looks kinda odd, as it seems he should have a Krawk Island BG on, but oh well. ;)

Roo Island for the Win!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Roo Island has two major hotties.

Lilo Blumaroo. And Will.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Iggy wrote:Roo Island has two major hotties.

Lilo Blumaroo. And Will.

This is why you need to join up. That way, Roo Island would have three major hotties =D
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Illuen wrote:
Iggy wrote:Roo Island has two major hotties.

Lilo Blumaroo. And Will.

This is why you need to join up. That way, Roo Island would have three major hotties =D
I'm already in. =)

Since Round 1.

...in 2006.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Well, I've been thinking of joining Altador from the start - just took the Quiggle's quiz and guess what result I got - ALTADOR. So, i'm sold, Altador it is.

I think I remember this happening last year with the Haunted Woods and look how well that turned out! :D

Thank you Tom for the supporter images! :)
Last edited by Bif on 02 Jun 2007 06:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Well I'm torn. I was going to join Darigan when I heard about the cup comeing back but now they have Shenkuu and I like them. Oh damn these hard choices. I'll have to sit on it and think alittle bit before I really decide. **rubs chin** Though the hotties on Roo Island team are tempting. ~_^
Last year I played like at most ten times, won a few, tied a couple and lost a few. I'll probally give a try this year, just to give support to my team but I won't bother putting my all into it. I usually get to passionate when I give my all in a game and that can end in much curseing and growling at said game. ^_^"
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Teragram

Post by Teragram »

I enjoyed picking out a team (It's hard!) but...I'm SO awful at yooyuball. Anyone have any advice? Last time I didn't finish one match. I feel like I'm just too slow to keep up and keep the ball and keep it moving.
Illuen wrote:the Darigan one is far too random for my tastes, although if you could figure out how often it shot the wrong way, you could potentially use it to trick the goalies.
I thought the darigan one always shot the wrong way? and the mutant one was random? Maybe it's the other way 'round, I don't know, I only read what they said about it, as I said, I'm awful at this.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Mutant is definitely random. I kept trying to shoot it like the Faerie Yooyu, since that's what I remember working last year, but half the time it shot straight.

I haven't gotten the Darigan Yooyu enough to tell for certain, but I think it shoots in the opposite direction most of, if not all of the times you take a shot with it.

Faerie's my favorite ball to work with. All I have to do is go straight for the goalie and shoot as soon as I'm right next to the boundary line. I'm rather miffed to discover that I'm horrible with the "normal" Yooyu ball right now. :P