Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Bif

Post by Bif »

My original Avatar I linked to my C drive and it worked fine, now after making some colour changes to it, I tried to upload the new file and I keep recieving the message:
The URL of the remote avatar is not valid
Now when I try to go back to the original image, it gives me the same message - am I doing something wrong?

I just want my avatar back! :(
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

If it's on your C drive, you need to upload it before you can use it. This forum doesn't store avatars. There are lots of free image hosts you can use - I use Photobucket myself, but there are others - so you just need to upload it there and then link to it.
Signature by Tom
Bif

Post by Bif »

If it's on your C drive, you need to upload it before you can use it. This forum doesn't store avatars. There are lots of free image hosts you can use - I use Photobucket myself, but there are others - so you just need to upload it there and then link to it.
Thanks! I'll do that, but the only question now is: why did it work last time? :S

EDIT: :oops: Oh dear I do feel stupid, now I remember what I did last time, I used deviantart - I'm sorry! I feel really stupid now.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Bif wrote:EDIT: :oops: Oh dear I do feel stupid, now I remember what I did last time, I used deviantart - I'm sorry! I feel really stupid now.
It might be worth pointing out that hotlinking to pictures hosted on deviantart is strictly against their rules and could get your account suspended.
Bif

Post by Bif »

It might be worth pointing out that hotlinking to pictures hosted on deviantart is strictly against their rules and could get your account suspended.
Wow really? It is? Thanks for the heads up! I'll change that now. I did just have them in my scraps, but being a semi-serious user, I don't want my account suspended.[/quote]
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Try a free account from Photobucket, Bif, they don't mind hotlinking. And it's really straightforward to use :) They've been hosting my avatar and crapola for ages.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark