New Swampie...

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

I have to agree with the majority of the posters here. The new swampie is quite nice and still manages to keep the essence of the original unlike some other revamps *cough*dragon*cough*.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Kelpie wrote:
shaelyn76 wrote:yet again some of the staff are saying in comments that the release of the Galactic Swampie was their way of polling the users about a redraw. I feel the need to say again that that is total crap. Also, someone grew a pair and asked what they mean by "the users asked for this" and nobody has replied as of yet...I'm curious to see if anyone actually steps up and says what criteria they are using now to say which pets need a revamp.
Not to be rude, but I do believe Chimaera "grew a pair" when she said that we often pay attention to threads in the forums made by users declaring which pets they'd like to see revamped. Swampies appeared on several lists over time. Perhaps you missed that comment. They're moving very quickly. ^_^;
actually I did miss Chimaeras post saying that as the comments are flying on that news post! I did see where you stated clearly that there is no set criteria for when to do a revamp...Good on ya! You just put it out there and let us know. That is what I like to see...some honesty even if it isn't what was the most politically correct response. I'll step up and say that you (Kelpie) and Chimaera showed you own a pair(so to speak) by telling it like it is and answering the questions asked in a straightforward manner. :D
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Fever wrote:Yeah the news post on subeta says they added marsh :)
Ah yes, I hadn't read the news post at the time, I was using the images from here and the Neocolours list.
dragonriderofpern

Post by dragonriderofpern »

This is how a revamp should be. While I am still undecided on whether I like the new Swampie or the old, this one definitely keeps the spirit of the old one, but with much better art. I was one of the small population of lovers of the old Swampies (the only reason I didn't own one was because I had yet to think of a good enough name, which is a major thing for me) and I would have appriciated a poll for the revamp, even though I'm 99.9% sure the revamp would have won, it still would have made me feel better. The only big problem I have is that the Marsh one is oftly dark, I can't see it very well, which may be a problem on my end, since most BR, and a large number of Marsh and Galactic look to dark to me....

But majorly good job by Aqua on the art!
~Gillian
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

If it is your computer, it is mine too...I have trouble seeing the details of most of the DarkMatter, Bloodred and Galactic pets as they are colored so dark and shaded deeply as well. I however really like the Marsh Swampie...I like most of the Marsh pets as they look good enough to eat.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I think the lack of chubby belly makes it seem off balance. The galactic aqua did looked kind of pregnant and the bottom of this one seems too flat. The chibi doesn't have that problem because of its baby fat. Otherwise, I really like it. Even if the belly were fixed, I don't think it'd be enough for me to want a colorfill. I am interested to know whether or not reborn will be redone. It's probably my favorite reborn pet and one of my favorites on the site. Other than making the flames in the background a bit more lively, I would rather not see it changed.

No poll. Right. Whatever.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The pregnant thing is my only real complaint too, Huggles ^^; I thought the galactic one looked a bit pregnant, a bit pudgey, really. It does make it look off-balanced a bit.

Overall, i think it's an improvement however, and Aqua certainly did a lovely job.

My complaint isn't so much over the lack of a poll as them using redraws to determine if a reVAMP should be released or not O_o I don't really see how the two relate. A redraw is just that. ...Redrawn. If all pets are revamped barring the approval/disapproval of a redrawn pet color.. it kind of takes out the fun of redraws in the first place.
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

well that and the fact that the Galactic pets are in a completely different pose than the basic color pets seems to nullify any feedback they would get as it pertains to revamping the basic species. If I saw the Reborn Tigrean and that was the only pose I saw for it I would be all over getting a revamp as I think that pose is really cool...but it is totally unlike the basic color pose and if all Tigreans were in that pose it would make the Reborn version seem less special somehow...at least to me. The Galactic Swampie, though very similar to the new redraw is in a very different pose so I don't see how the art staff could see that as a preview of what the rest would look like. Arg! I like the new swampie, but I don't like them using the Galactics as a preview for revamps or as a measure of how the users feel about the revamps.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
oh em gee

Post by oh em gee »

i think i'm still getting used to the new swampie. it's a vast improvement, quality-wise, and it certainly keeps the swampie personality... but there's something that keeps me from going "oooh! awesome!" i think it might be the tail... seems a tad long...

but overall, if i were to use the zapper again and get this, i wouldn't cringe anymore. xD
Rustyblu

Post by Rustyblu »

D; Best colour in my opinion ^^

This is a HUGe improvement. Well done staff xD
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Heh, I got a Dusk Swampie after hearing how cheap the elixirs were. Though I do wish the eyes were the darker blue of the spikes, or the lighter blue of the fins, I think it's much nicer than the Common Kora which I had before (which looks a little flat to me). It shall remain a Dusk Swampie until I finally save enough for a Spectrum Kora.
Subeta: Thomas
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I'll probably try to keep the redraws similar to the current ones, pose/design wise. Of course, bloodred needs a new pose. If the powers that be and enough people want the belly changed, I can do that. I was just trying not to make the belly look too big, as it might with the raised back. XD

Don't blame me for the lack of poll.. I just drew the swampie. *hide* >_>
Xiang Yu

Post by Xiang Yu »

It looks strangely disproportionate to me, somehow. Maybe it's the spikes, maybe it's the head, or maybe it's the lack of belly, but it just looks off.
I look good in my drinking, no-sleep, take-a-leap longevity.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Heh, I don't see why people jump to conclusion that the Artists make the polls :3 Aqua I think you did a fine job on this Swampie, I can't wait to see the redraw colours ^_^

Offtopic kinda/

Out of interest is the Feli revamp ever going to happen? ^_^; I kinda liked the revamp more than the current, current looks hard to sit.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Ooooh, pretty! I can't wait for the redraws! I just might have to use my gold account medal to get extra space :o
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}