Sheeta Potential Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Elzaim wrote:Also, may I point out that this re-draw looks unmistakeably FEMALE. Aren't pets made to look androgonous?
Heh, I think they look more male.

Anyway, I voted for this version, it is lovely. I really like the spots and the ears look soo fluffy. *Pets them*

Only thing that kind of bugs me is that extra curl in the horns that someone pointed out. It just looks strange. Maybe if the curl was bigger.

Kudos to Terra, she did a great job.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fever

Post by Fever »

I really like this redraw actually :) Its the kind of redraw I like, updated art, but still keeps the spirit of the old pet. I was getting a little tired of my chibi sheeta since its one of the first pets I painted years ago, but now I think Ill wait and see if it gets a revamp, or possibly see what the other sheeta redraws look like instead of changing his species :)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Hmm. I like the new one better, but then I'm not a big Sheeta fan to begin with.

However, I do have the Reborn Sheeta and hope they won't change it.
Rah

Post by Rah »

I believe this 'simple art update' redraw was polled because the sheeta is one of the most loved species on the site, whereas the dragon wasn't nearly as popular :)

Saying that, us artists are actually listening to you guys, so you'll probably see us going back to polls (as long as you keep the crits friendly and helpful, and not OMG I HATE THIS! xD)

As to my personal opinion, I think the shading on this new sheeta is a little on the shiny/sharp side, although I find it hard to crit shading! I adore the anatomy though - I find this one much more graceful, structurally more reasonable, and more adorable. I found the old sheeta had legs that looked clumpy and malformed, the expression looked like it was caught in a car's headlights, although I prefer the old one's eye shape. I love the horn shape now, I think it's really interesting - and you wouldn't have to redraw the other pretty sheetas just to change the horn shape.

Edit: Also, on the subject of crits, try and be as clear as you can with them - we do listen, and it's likely small changes will be made based on the more helpful crits. We find when people crit with a lot of anger, we can't take it terribly seriously because it seems to stem from an extreme personal opinion, or a general continuing distaste at all the revamps :)

And a good place to crit would be the sticky in bragging and complaining, because the news posts get bumped down :)
oh em gee

Post by oh em gee »

eek. i must admit, the art quality of the newer sheeta is much better... but i miss the soft lines of the old sheeta. this new one seems to be much more sharply outlined, and less... as someone said earlier, childlike. i picked my sheeta expressedly for that kind of vibe it gave (her personality is that she's absolutely terrified of anything new/gross xD).

i polled the old sheeta, but overwhelmingly good responses from the general subetian public about the new. ah, well. please, just don't change the reborn sheeta too much... :x she's one of my favorite pets.

the ruff is more visible on the new one though, i like that. =) and the fluffiness.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Ok, Rah I'm going to try and give helpful crits about the Sheeta below, btw -hugs- :3 I love the Bloodred Chai and Angelic Chai now x)

I think that the Sheeta revamp is good.
I think that fixing all the little things on the old one was needed, such as the near enough gaps between the art, making it look rused such as on the old arts toes, tail and horns there are parts that look as if they have gaps in. The new art looks better, and fits the sites updating art. The old art didn't have many black lines, which I thought somewhere all that kind of art was being redone as the site doesn't want coloured lines. The unrevamped sheeta has smooth, blurry lines.

I think the sheeta revamp gives better shading, natural pose (less poster picture) Great fur in the areas needed and good detail, also a variety of cream shades unlike the original. I'd only change the horns, they're a little too curly. But otherwise the artist did a very good job, there wasn't much to crit on (:/):
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

checkers wrote:Ok, Rah I'm going to try and give helpful crits about the Sheeta below
You realize she's not the artist for the Sheeta?
Image Image
Rah

Post by Rah »

Checkers, you need to go post your crits either on the revamp sticky in the bragging and complaining forum, or in the news comments (although the news comments might get eaten up)

I don't suggest mailing the sheeta artist though, although I think she might visit Neocolours so she might see your comments here :)
checkers

Post by checkers »

AngharadTy wrote:
checkers wrote:Ok, Rah I'm going to try and give helpful crits about the Sheeta below
You realize she's not the artist for the Sheeta?
Yes I do, first post says who drew it and I remember from the Galactic also.
But otherwise the artist did a very good job, there wasn't much to crit on (:/):
When talking to Rah, I said the artist, not her. If I thought she drew it I'd have said, ''otherwise -you- did a very good job'', but I didn't. xD Also calling Rah 'the artist' in conversation would've been rude to her.
Luka

Post by Luka »

Cute... But old are better :X
neopets: Lukeina
subeta: Lukensz
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Hmm... I think this looks good. Something about the eyes bothers me, though.

However, if the GY Sheeta is changed drastically, I'll... uh...

I'll think of something.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I voted for the old version because I like it's eyes and expression better.
Also I prefer the marking on the old version as well. I hope they don't revamp the chibi sheeta because I like Rachel as she is.
Not all who wander are lost.
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

Voted for new, much needed update. It keeps the old sheeta pose and doesn't change very much, just a nice little head turn. I love it. I'm glad it was polled.

I know you guys says non popular pets need to be polled, but I greatly disagree and think all pets should be.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I really like the new Sheeta being polled. I would not say the personality or expression has really changed, the smile is slightly more pronounced, but I wouldn't say that it alters too much about the pet. The original looks like it doesn't have much shape, the legs look rather liquid. I do wish that the front legs were given some sort of pose, as they look like they suffer from a similar problem. All in all though, I can safely say that I will create a Sheeta when possible... though will have a hard time deciding between this and Spectrum.

As much as people say 'I hope they don't revamp x Sheeta', it should probably looked at in the bigger picture. If the art isn't consistent with how the species now looks, it should probably be redrawn, in my opinion. I think that if the species were redone, Graveyard, Chibi, Angelic and Bloodred deserve a revamp. Currently, the only species that I think looks good in Graveyard at the moment is the Tutani, so...
Last edited by Tom on 18 Jun 2007 08:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subeta: Thomas
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

It looks good, but I don't like how the head is. Why doesn't he looks in front of him?