Updated Hydrus, Bloodred, Dark Matter and Reborn Tigreans

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
tallan

Post by tallan »

Hrr. Good thing I changed Zelda from Hydrus Tigrean a while back. There's nothing wrong with the updated version, it stays true to the old one and fits the revamp very well, I'm just not fond of the muscles. *likes sleek cats* But that's personal preference, so it really doesn't matter.
*stares at it for a minute*
I think the teeth bothers me. They look too.. prominent. Almost as if they're dentures. But apart from that.. okay.

The BR is grr argh! Frightening. Although there's something about that back.. it looks a bit too rounded to me, but maybe that's perfectly right and I'm just not a fan of the pose. The left front leg looks a little bit too wide as well, the way the part from the elbow down is wider than the part above. But the blood is awesomely drawn and it looks truly pissed off, so yay.

The DM... Oooh, I like. Not enough to want, it's a bit too dark for me, but the way it's cradling that blob of matter, and that intensely focused stare.. Just great.

Reborn.. I don't know. I liked the old one. This one looks younger to me, with the ruff on its forehead. There's something about the tail, where it bursts into flame... ah, I don't know. But the colours and the markings on its back are just lovely.
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

adi_gallia wrote:
Luxe wrote:
Iggy wrote:The Bloodred is my favorite. It's VICIOUS.

For me to like a BR pet, the blood must look REAL.
We actually use some of Jill (formerly teera_misu)'s bloodred pets as examples to our other artists of how to draw blood. ^_^ She does an amazing job. That smear under the forepaw is one of my favorite features of that tigrean!!
Mine too, her way of drawing blood is really good, I like her Bovyne, eventhough the Blood isn't as good as this one.

By the way, it's nice to see you posting again. ^_^
Thanks!

And I must be daft. I think that bovyne is the only Bloodred pet that Jill has done! XD
Teera

Post by Teera »

Well, I *do* still have the BR Sheeta to do. So perhaps you're psychic and just know I'm going to do an awesome job on it. xD
We actually use some of Jill (formerly teera_misu)'s bloodred pets as examples to our other artists of how to draw blood.
I find that so amusing, you have no idea.

I knew going into this that Reborn would be tricky(which is why it took so long for them to get done. I was very nervous. And.. someone has already quit over it, apparently.=/) Personally, I didn't think the old one looked much like a Tigrean, before or after the revamp. It did have a more adult look to it, but again, it wasn't very consistent. I knew that had to change, so I tried to make up for it with the markings.

Hydrus' pose didn't change because I also saw many people who liked it how it was. I.. don't care for the pose myself, because all I can see is that thing a cat does when it circles before finding a comfortable spot to sit down.^_^;

DM is my favorite. I was sad coloring that one in, because I knew it would have to be darkly colored.

I am glad that the general response is good, even if there are a lot of Reborns getting morphed and abandoned. I wish people wouldn't have such a knee-jerk reaction to it though; I hoped if there was one thing people had seen in the Sheeta and Tigrean revamps, it was that I read feedback and did change things accordingly. I'm not saying that would happen with Reborn, as I don't have the authority to, but I'm not saying it's entirely impossible, either.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Heh, it actually doesn't look like real blood--real blood is cartoony red, this is crimson--but it looks <i>better</i> than real blood. I think the deep, rich colors are more aesthetically pleasing. (That's why I have a bloodred escalade--so perfectly gorgeous.)

The <i>texture</i> is blood-like, though. That smear is lovely. It's my third favorite bloodred pet now (the first two being the ones I own, obviously).

I like hydrus. I think it looks a hell of a lot better than the original, which had stupid lines.

Reborn looks awful to me now, though. Doesn't matter, because I don't own one, but it doesn't look the same at all. The art is obviously better--I never liked the lines on it before--but somehow it just looks kind of... hmm... silly. The face is funky.
Image Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

You did alright with the Reborn Tigrean Teera, the old one was mostly loved because it was so different to the normal Tigrean, it really didn't look like a Tigrean, much like the Reborn Anyu doesn't look like an Anyu to me.

If you change a pet that was completely unique looking before to something more consistant with the species you probably will get complaints, there wasn't much you could do to keep them happy which would stay true to the revamp, the Tigrean revamp made the whole species look younger, so the Reborn changing to match this was a change that had to be made.

The face doesn't look funky to me, just different to the old one, but his face still shows the emotion of the old one, maybe the eyes being made brown would make some happier. But I like blue eyes on Reborn pets..I'm getting a Reborn Bovyne, which, come to think of it, is another of yours. I suppose I just like your work. :D *fanboy*
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Apart from the Bloodred, I can't actually tell the revamps apart from the old ones ^^ which I'm actually very pleased about, because I love the Reborn Tigreans and was very nervous that they'd be changed with the revamp, but since I can see no difference, this makes me happy! *huggles Kaan and hopes he never changes* as for the Bloodred, I love it! the blood looks very realistic, and the smear under the paw is fantastic, good job
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

adi_gallia wrote:You did alright with the Reborn Tigrean Teera, the old one was mostly loved because it was so different to the normal Tigrean, it really didn't look like a Tigrean, much like the Reborn Anyu doesn't look like an Anyu to me.
Don't even mention my big bear! I joined the site for that pet and I'm hoping all the artists have forgotten it exists! *shifty eyes*

I really love the darkmatter tigrean, and the bloodred is also nice. I, too, like the blood's color and the smear. Reborn is fine; I like the tail much better now (the old one's tail was much too thick). Hydrus is... bleh, awkward, just like the original. I wouldn't have minded a complete redo there.
hebdenhippy

Post by hebdenhippy »

Hmm... am i not seeing the new images or something? Because I've been comparing these revamps with the old images and they are, definitely, identical (except Bloodred). This is odd, and annoying because I want to see the revamps!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Clear your cache, or try ctrl-F5.
Image Image
PharaonicQuiche

Post by PharaonicQuiche »

BR really bugs me. The muzzle reminds me more of a bear or some sort of dog rather than a feline. That trait seems to be showing up in several of the Tigrean pictures now. The pose is alright, but the leg being held up seems a little structurally/perspectively off.

Same deal with the muzzle on hydrus, also coupled with the teeth being so prominent and appearing to jut too far forward. Front legs look like they're shorter than the back legs. Kinda awkward.

I do like DM and RB. Might consider getting one of those two. Pose on the DM is nifty, color on the RB is lovely. Awesome wing marks.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Cranberry wrote:Don't even mention my big bear! I joined the site for that pet and I'm hoping all the artists have forgotten it exists! *shifty eyes*
Oops! I had one for a long time too. If I still owned mine I would probably be unpleased by a revamp making it look more like an Anyu, which is why I can understand those annoyed by the Reborn Tigrean revamp. But it was done for the sake of consistency with the species, which is something Subeta seems to be into these days, even though some pets like the Fester and Antlephore, just to name a few, are still inconsistent. The Antlephore has 3 different phases to it I believe?
hebdenhippy

Post by hebdenhippy »

Thanks for the tip AngharadTY *looks at new images*...NOOOO!!! Not my beautiful Reborn Tigrean! Don't get me wrong, I totally I appreciate the art is better and I can see that you have tried to keep the look of the original. But, I don't know, there was something special about the old one and this just doesn't have it. Positively, I much prefer the markings on this one, the wings look fabuloso ^^ but the main thing that's putting me off is the face, it looks really weird, and not nearly as mature, it kind of... looks like it's wearing a mask, it you get what I mean. Also it's entire body looks a bit slanted to the left. I will wait and see if the new look grows on me, but otherwise I may have to pick a new look for Kaan.

On another note, I LOVE the other three revamps, especially Dark Matter, I really like it, and Hydrus and Bloodred is great too

Sorry if I'm seeming a bit harsh, i've tried to be constructive ^^
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

adi_gallia wrote:
Cranberry wrote:Don't even mention my big bear! I joined the site for that pet and I'm hoping all the artists have forgotten it exists! *shifty eyes*
Oops! I had one for a long time too. If I still owned mine I would probably be unpleased by a revamp making it look more like an Anyu, which is why I can understand those annoyed by the Reborn Tigrean revamp.
I would like it if all Anyus were changed to make them look more like reborn, actually... well, more like a big grizzly bear, anyway. Subeta already has the cute bear, the Chai, so there's really no need for Anyu to be cutesy, too (and it doesn't seem to be a very popular species currently, as far as I can tell).

Anyway. I get why people are irritated by the new reborn tigrean, but at least it retained the general look and feel of the old one. I think the only real problem is that it looks a little too young. (I actually like the blue eye.)
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Cranberry wrote:I would like it if all Anyus were changed to make them look more like reborn, actually... well, more like a big grizzly bear, anyway. Subeta already has the cute bear, the Chai, so there's really no need for Anyu to be cutesy, too (and it doesn't seem to be a very popular species currently, as far as I can tell).
Actually, that isn't such a bad idea. When I was new I would always mix up the Chai and the Anyu, I actually often forgot the Chai existed and I was seeing Chibi Anyus about. A big grizzly bear pet would appeal to me, but make it the Anyu, rather than another bear creature please. I can just imagine some of the colours, like BR or something, or is that me picturing the Chai again? :oops:
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

Cranberry wrote:
adi_gallia wrote:
Oops! I had one for a long time too. If I still owned mine I would probably be unpleased by a revamp making it look more like an Anyu, which is why I can understand those annoyed by the Reborn Tigrean revamp.
I would like it if all Anyus were changed to make them look more like reborn, actually... well, more like a big grizzly bear, anyway. Subeta already has the cute bear, the Chai, so there's really no need for Anyu to be cutesy, too (and it doesn't seem to be a very popular species currently, as far as I can tell).
*gets a huge grin but says nothing else* :twisted: