Terracoon Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I'm really surprised by how clunky this pet looks as I usually love Rah's work. If I knew it wouldn't cause HUGE hassles, I would say maybe they should just scrap the Terracoon altogether as it looks very similar to the Pherret and seems to be a very unpopular pet to begin with. Even my 9 year old son said it is ugly and asked me why there were two pets that looked the same with different names...and this is the same child who said the Ruffie is really cute so...yeah.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Fury

Post by Fury »

I don't actually play Subeta, but I do have an account on there as I like to look through the various artwork of each individual pet they offer. The pets themselves are wonderful, I think, and I like the fact that there are a bunch of different artists to inject some variety into the pets.

I much prefer the new Terracoon over the old one - evidently, the art is much more advanced and up-to-date and I like the changes that have been made ot the tail and the shape of the face. The only thing that bothers me is that it looks a little... well, podgy. Make it slimmer and I think it'd be perfect!
Fish

Post by Fish »

It looks like a Corgie instead of a racoon/ferret ;_;

I love my BR Terracoon.
<B>highly</b>FLAMMABLE<I>animal</i>
<a href="http://subeta.org/userinfo.php?user=158800">See: Feezl</a>
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

The new one is better than the old one, but I'm still not that fond of it. It still looks really flat to me.

Something is off about the head/face. I can't put my finger on exactly what though. The chest hair looks pretty bizarre imo. The biggest problem for me though is that fin-ish looking back hair. I just keep thinking WTF? when I look at it.

I agree that it does need a longer tail. I actually really like the way the tail is drawn for the most part; except for the fact that it's just too short and so it looks a little stubby I guess.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I don't care so much either way, as I was not planning to get a Terracoon, but I do like the old one better. The shading was flatter, but the body language seemed more relaxed and comfortable. Even though the new one is smiling, the old one appears to have more facial expression.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

The head really bugs me. It has a huuuuge forehead and tiny eyes, which is very, very gross. The non-existent neck doesn't help, either. :/ The old version is not that chunky, nor is the Galactic Terracoon.

Hmm... The back stripes are far too smooth to be on fur, especially when compared to the changed tail which is obviously jagged and frizzy. Speaking of the new tail? Definitely looks like a coon tail pinned on because it is dangling weird. Yuck.

Overall, I think a different pose would help most of this revamp's problems.
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]