RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jamie

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Jamie »

Today after work, mum my sister and I wanted to go and check out the new pet shop that's opened up in town. We were looking around casually when we spotted a gorgeous little dachshund in the window!! After a very long while of talking each other in and out of it, we eventually broke down and took him home, since then he's been exploring, biting everything he can, including Holly's ears and generally just being hyper.

Picture is a little big.

Meet _______! We haven't named him yet, but we like Peppy and Jelly so far.

I know it seems we just randomly impulse bought this dog on a whim, but we have been haphazardly looking for a companion for Holly for quite a while. So everything fell into place when we saw him!

Another picture of him on my lap, he's so tiny!!!
Teragram

Post by Teragram »

Awwwww! He's soooo adorable! Dachshunds are my favorite, I've always wanted one. And he's exceptionally cute.

More pictures!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Maybe resolution to the woes of Friday?

It seems that most problems from Friday have come with solutions. The computer is of course the most frustrating, but something will work one way or another, even if it means waiting until January when my husband comes home from Iraq to visit and can fix it. He built it in a way that CAN probably easily circumvent or outright solve this problem (which again is part of why it's an awesome computer even if inoperate at this moment), the issue is having someone using it who knows how to do so. :P There's nothing on there that's going to be a problem before January, not even my NaNoWriMo (NOT going to reach 50,000 words anyway, so the pressure is off). I just have to tolerate using other people's computers until then.

It's encouraged me to do other things too, so it's a mixed blessing in a really irritating disguise!!
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

My dog, of fifteen years, died two nights ago.. still sad about it, obviously, and just remembering her makes me cry.. ._. ..I both love and hate having a pet, they become so much a part of your life..and its heartbreaking when you lose them..

Her face turned almost completely white as she got older, she used to have a single stripe in the middle ..but then it all spread.

lol typing this up made me cry..
Image Image
ImageImage
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Aw, I'm so sorry. What a cute little dog. Losing a pet is hard; I lost my cat this summer and I'm still sad when I think of him (but happy, too, remembering the cute things he'd do). I'm glad your dog lived a long and happy life.
daysleeper

Post by daysleeper »

goldenchaos, that is a beautiful picture, she seems to be smiling... even her eyes are smiling!

It is very hard, isn't it, and there's not much anyone can say to cheer you when you wait to see a face at the door, feel a nose at your arm, are at a loss at feeding/walking time. I understand and I feel so bad for you now, I'm really sorry for your loss. 2 years ago we lost our 10 yr old lab to cancer very, very quickly and were in shock quite a while. He was born the same year as my niece and was a true part of the family, for her too. Turns out we still talk about him every few days, but in a fond memory way. All I can think is, we are blessed with their presence for their short lifespans, and they pack so much love, laughter and companionship into those few years, we are lucky to have had them.

Your pup will always be there in your heart =]
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Yay: About two weeks ago, two of my friends attended Collectormania in Manchester, and I couldn't go. But my friends managed to get me an autograph of my favourite Stargate Atlantis actor, Jason Momoa, and it arrived in the mail today! :D Along with a video of them touring the con place and a bit of Jason was on it. :) *squee*

Woe: my dinner won't agree with me and I have to finish my history project on a topic that there's very little relevant information on :S
EofS

Post by EofS »

Ooh, are they doing in Collectormania in Manchester now? I went to several of the early ones back in Milton Keynes. I suppose Manchester is a lot more accessible. Yay for your friends getting that autograph, that's awesome.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

EofS wrote:Ooh, are they doing in Collectormania in Manchester now? I went to several of the early ones back in Milton Keynes. I suppose Manchester is a lot more accessible. Yay for your friends getting that autograph, that's awesome.
I guess so. It was the first time I'd heard of it. I can't stop staring at the picture... :oops: He wished me happy birthday. (They told him about me, why they were getting three autographs) I have awesome friends! :D
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

So I spent all evening in the hospital waiting for my sister to get out of surgery.
She was coming home from work and it was icy, and we aren't too sure on the details yet, but she was involved in a three car crash, with her car being in the middle. Her car is really old and doesn't have an airbag in the wheel, so she smacked her head against the steering wheel. She had a lot of pretty bad facial injuries, the least of which is a broken nose, but I'm sure most of you don't want to hear details of it heh.
Thankfully she was wearing a seat belt or it would have been much much worse. The surgeries went well according to the doctors but she's pretty swollen and shaken up.

If you guys want to put her in your prayers and hope for a swift and good recovery, I know I and her would appericate it.

And the funny thing is, my sister being the staight A college student she is, is hell bent on going to her nursing and pharmacy finals she has on Monday. She doesn't care if her face is swollen and she can't see her test, she's determined to take that final!

Edit:
Just got a picture of what her car looked like :shock:
Last edited by Seerow on 02 Dec 2007 07:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I'm so sorry to hear that Seerow - I'm glad the surgeries went well, but how scary! I hope she recovers quickly.
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

Wow... the front of the car is just... smooshed. Thank goodness she was wearing her seatbelt. I'm one of those people that forgets often enough it's a miracle that I'm alive. I hope everyone involved is alright and that your sister does get well enough in time for her final. That is amazing to me that she is even thinking about such a thing after her accident!
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Seeerow: I'm glad your sister is ok and I'm very glad she was wearing a seatbelt, the car looks like a wreck. I can sympathise with her worrying over her exams though, sounds like the kind of thing I'd do ^_^;.

Major Woe: My paternal grandad will likely not make it through tonight since he's ended up with renal failure. He has had Alzheimer's for a long time though and was getting pretty frail {let's face it, 82 is a pretty good age to live to} so it's to be exppected I guess. I'm debating whether to go into work tomorrow morning {it's way past my usual bedtime and I'm not sure if I'll have the energy to face ten whiny kids throughout the day}, my main problem is that my mum has my mobile phone that has the school's phone number on it and I don''t know it off by heart yet {plus I need to phone by 8am at the latest since the school day begins at 8:30.....why?}. This should be fun, one other thing to worry about along with my gran having Aphasia due to a stroke, my mum getting stressed out and my aunt not feeling well ><;.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I ran by my mom all the animals I'd like to have as a pet, to see which one she'd be okay with me having, and I'm getting an african praying mantis :D

One of those fellows.

GLEE
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

Achievement: I have bought and wrapped all my Christmas presents! I'm so glad I got this done early this year, it makes me so much calmer and able to enjoy the festivities.

Woe: Now I have almost no money. Boo.