Anyu revamp is live!

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Anyu revamp is live!

Post by Cranberry »

I figured we needed a new thread, since the old one was full of advice for revamp tweaks, and now it's all done. Yay! The redraw colors aren't up yet, but most of the basic colors look awesome. I'm not fond of field, lilac, dawn or gold, as they just look too unnatural. I love marsh and twilight, though. Kabus will be marsh if I don't like the new reborn.

Image Image

And even nuclear, a color I normally hate, isn't awful. I like that it's a black bear.

AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Anyu revamp is live!

Post by AngharadTy »

Is it official that the reborn will be revamped? Sad if so. Not that I own one.

I like the colors on twilight and the eyes on all of them. Still not too fond of the feet, but they're definitely improved from the first poll that went up. And certainly the species as a whole is a lot better.
Image Image
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I for one actually like the field color, I like it better than sun at least. The whole revamp is great in my opinion! The nuclear anyu is also great, I have always liked the green and black combo of nuclear, and this one adds just enough yellow to keep it from being monotonous, yet not enough to make it look lurid.
Image Image Image Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Whee, finally it went live :D I've been waiting for this since the 2nd revamped version was polled.
I don't like some of the colors but that's just because they look unnatural. I really like Cream and Twilight, and will probably end up getting one of the two until a redraw I like better for them comes along.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I know I said that I'd like it if the nose stayed brown ... but now that I see it, the more I hate it. I sure hope the muzzle of the Glacier one won't be bright blue. :<
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Rah

Post by Rah »

The Glacier's nose will be the same blue that the Ruffie's nose is, you know? So the body will be white, and the accents will be that pale looking blue :)

I also would have preferred to leave off the muzzle colouring, but it would have been a bit wrong to have polled it and gone for the one that didn't win xD

I like Marsh, myself. Big brown grizzly :D Dawn was so funny to do, we tried about 10 different combinations with the colours xD But yeah, bright colours on a non-teddy bear are amusing!
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I think I've got over the muzzle being added back. It would looks much better without it to me, but I don't mind that it's there as much. I think Cream is my favourite of the bunch really.

Another thing that's slightly off-topic is that I never noticed how much the Gold pets on Subeta look like the Gold pets on Neopets. I always thought Gold as the Subeta alternative to Yellow but all the new Gold pets are shiny. I hope that one day the Gold and Yellow pets are split into two different colours because I really like Yellow but really dislike shiny Gold pets.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I'm pretty satisfied with the end result of the revamp. The eyes are all very lovely and even the unnatural colors look great to me. The only things that mildly bother me are the wings, which seem a little distracting now, and the colors of the bracelet inlays. It's hard for my eyes to look at some of them particularly Arid and Lilac.
Image Image Image
Fever

Post by Fever »

I really like this end result :) Lovely work Rah! Im excited to see the redraw colours. Will they all be getting a revamp?
Rah

Post by Rah »

Yes, I'll be revamping every single Anyu :)

I'll be trying to stay as close as possible on the reborn one, though. Same pose, etc - just a few alterations. And I'm going to try and keep the spectrum in the same pose, more or less I suppose.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

So all of the redraws will be revamped, too? I'll hold off on clearing the ratings until they're all done, if that's the case.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Jazzy wrote:So all of the redraws will be revamped, too?
That's what normally happens when there is quite a major revamp, but it takes a long time to happen usually. The Torrent has been revamped for nearly a year and they still have the old Graveyard, Angelic and Reborn versions on site.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

I'm loving the Marsh...absolutely loving it. ^^

But, am I crazy? I can't find a Marsh Anyu Elixir...? *goes to look again*
ImageImageImage
Rah

Post by Rah »

Mmn, with most of the marsh pets there aren't elixirs. You need to buy a marsh potion. I had to for my old marsh telenine!

And yes, the redraws won't be done immediately, by any rate! I'm working on one now, but I've got redraws for other pets to do as well xD Plus new pets! It's a lot of work :)
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I won't be getting an Anyu, but if I did, it'd be Field. I just love the grassy green of it.

That Lilac one just looks utterly bizarre for some reason.

I agree that the colors of the bracelet inlays are eye sores. Gods, some of them are blinding.