Expect a Faerie Eyrie

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Fury

Re: Expect a Faerie Eyrie

Post by Fury »

The colour of the wings clash horribly with the colour of the body, which is a huge shame because I really like the coloured mane.

Eugh. :(
EofS

Post by EofS »

The more I look at the faerie eyrie the more I... well not *like* it. But the more I don't not like it. If you know what I mean. I'm still not going to go out there and paint my eyrie faerie (not least because the purple vs herple eyrie fluctuations are currently on the side of purple), but if someone decided to get one (especially if the wings are removable) I wouldn't think "but why?"

(Also, apologies to the old faerie eyrie for the comment I made about its colour scheme. Apparently I was slightly misremembering it, it's not so bad after all. Still hate the pose and expression, but I'll grant it had pretty colours.)
pet_beauty_shop

Post by pet_beauty_shop »

I think that the faerie eyrie is gorgeous. I love that shade of green and like the contrasting colors.

Robot looks okay.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Eeeeh, it doesn't appeal much to me. It clashes. I don't get the wings. The Eyrie had wings originally, why not just make those more faerie-ish? Instead of tacking on generic faerie wings, which look horrible! The green is okay, if it was a bit lighter. Right now it looks kinda funky, especially with that purple...
well_taylorr

Post by well_taylorr »

I'm very dissapointed.
I expected colors like, reds, yellows and oranges, so it look like.. oh, I dunno.. A phoenix?!
Do you seriously know how perfect that would have been? A Phoenix neopet?
And it looks so plain too....
I miss the old pets -cries to self-
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I would've thought a gryphon would suit the eyrie more, but whatever, pheonix.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I really really like it. Seriously, it's rather lovely.

I want it; and I haven't wanted any pet since the site revamp. Maybe I'll turn Morganzya into one. It's hard to look at her since TNT uglified the Xweetoks'.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

The colours on the Faerie Eyrie are gorgeous and I like thatthe body is so dark, it makes the 'shimmery' bits astand out a bit more, but the wings kill it for me -_-, why give a gryphon-like pet butterfly wings when it's the largest pet on tyhe site. I realise that nothingon neopets is supposed to reflect the reall world but a little bit of realism doesn't hurt.

The robot is kinda nice, the colour scheme is very well used here, but the eyes could've been slanted a bit. I'll need to see how it looks without its casing though.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I don't mind it - the color scheme is nice. I like it a little better than the original.

Robot is robot and since the revamp I haven't been too impressed with them.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

My first thought, was that it was pretty enough, but after looking at it for a while, I'd say that it's not as good as the original unreleased faerie. I agree the expression on that one looked a little 'fluffy' but the muted blue/purple colour scheme and feathered wings work for the species. This new florescent looking colour scheme looks strange.

I don't think most wings look good with the new v2 neopet images. They have to be layered in front or behind to body. So, they either look like they're lopsidedly stuck on the the far side of the body, or, they look like a purely ornamental vertical attachment to a horizontal body. The eyrie wings, unfortunately, don't look like they could be used to fly, because of their shape. (Of course butterfly wings on a mammal aren't going to be realistic, but still.)

However, I definitely think this would have been an awesome colour scheme for a Disco pet. It's not quite beautiful, in my eyes, but it looks better to me than a lot of disco pets. And contrasting bright colours would make more sense.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
Psyradragon

Post by Psyradragon »

checkers wrote:Robot, I love all robot pets this is a great one too! ^^ Anyone have an image without the metal plates? :3 Also, its strange that this robot eyrie is facing opposite dierection isn't it?
Sorry to bump something that's almost three months old, but since no one ever answered this question, I did happen to come across a pic I took of Paws_Peppermint, my eyrie, when the lab ray zapped him Robot. I did happen to take a pic at the time with all the armor removed. And thus, here it is. Poor fella looks like something assimilated by the Borg! :)

He's currently yellow at the time of posting this message now, but save for the head, he still wears the robot armor. Rather cool that he can still wear it without being robot. :)
Last edited by Psyradragon on 07 Feb 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maraqua_wqh_4

Post by maraqua_wqh_4 »

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/j ... litter.gif
It's a previous idea for an Faerie Eyrie (in glitter blinking version). It's very cute for me , I don't know , why TNT changes it . In this version I really like wings, paws and purple accent on head and neck , but ... it's really strange looking pet .