Ahh, dang pet changes!! HELP!

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
ishieness

Ahh, dang pet changes!! HELP!

Post by ishieness »

I was originally saving up for a Faerie PB for my Techo, but then Neo went and changed the design for the Faerie Techo... Needless to say, I do -not- like the changes (It was so pretty before!!), and now I'm kind of stuck...

I pounded (you know what I mean!) my Christmas Shoyru, and created Scullea, an Aisha I'm planning to Pirate-ize. ;)
But I'm at a loss of what do do with Aeries, my Techo, and Picadilley, an Eyrie. Sad, is it not?

I've decided that I'd like a Disco Kacheek, but I'm not sure if I should pound my existing pets and create one, saving money on a potion, or morph an existing pet and pound the other... I know it sounds kinda bad to pound them, especially since the pound is down, but they are pixels...

So, should I transmog 'Picadilley' the Sketch Eyrie into a Kacheek, then paint it, and abandon Aeries to create something new (probably to wait for a LE species day), or,
Abandon Aeries and Picadilley (eep!) and create a Kacheek with a new name?

Every way I word this I sound like a monster. :(

I think I'll do the latter, to be honest... Kind of pointless to even ask for an opinion, yes, I know... But hey, I'll be making a newbie/great name hunter/adoption agency very happy!

What are good names for Disco Kacheeks?

</ramble>
4ish4 . Sultan_Peppershaker

Scullea - Lenixe
Ailiel

Re: Ahh, dang pet changes!! HELP!

Post by Ailiel »

Well, I think if you aren't attached to the pets in question you should have no problem pounding them and starting over with a new name. If I really liked the name of the pet for the new pet, I would be inclined to keep it, plus I just like older pets.

Even amongst my own accounts, I have extremely varying degrees of attachment. My main account pets, particularly the three I've had for eight years, I am pretty attached to and would spend millions and millions of NP to morph and change them rather than pound them. And in fact, I did. On one of my side accounts, I created and "painted" (or transmogrified/labbed) the pets specifically for that account, which was my sister's account back when we first started Neopets (so also over eight years). Those pets are important to me, but not so important that they may never be adopted out/changed. My lab account pets are complete transients, and I would have no problems pounding any of them, even with the pound down. Lastly, my "show" account, which I just created because there were a few pets I really really liked and wanted to own on Neo, have become completely redundant since customization happened. I may adopt them all out or leave it as "show," which is just a fancy way of saying I log in once a month and spend the NP to put them in cockroach towers.

This is all just a long, long way of saying, don't feel bad about what you decide to do with your account pets! It doesn't make you a "monster," they are after all just pixels, it is the effort we put into them that makes them more important to us, and if you just don't have the compunction with your current pets, then start over with new ones, it will definitely make the game that much more enjoyable for you.