Royal Nimmo

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

Royal Nimmo

Post by Erstin »

Image Image

I'm a huge fan of oriental stuff, but those doesn't look very royal too me.
That pose is so wrong, but if I have to choose, the boy is the less horrible.
Goldenchaos

Re: Royal Nimmo

Post by Goldenchaos »

The pose ruins just about EVERYTHING of the poor nimmo.. :( Dresses look especially horrible on them. The poor things. Maybe if it was standing...

Well, they're different
Image Image
ImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I don't think I have a single good thing to say about them, other then I like their base colors.
The head dress on the boy is pretty nifty I guess, but overall the outfits just aren't doing a thing for me.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Quite possibly the worst royal pets, they're abysmal. I do like the blue the girl is though, but the rest is eye-gougingly horrible.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

If it weren't for that WTF'stache on the male, I would be OK with them. They don't wow me at all, but seeing that 'stache REALLY puts me off. Ugh, the placement is terrible. I'd hate to have a long lock of hair growing out of each of my eyes like that.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Not to mention amphibians don't grow hair... and no don't paste that "furry" frog or toad thingy at me. Not hair.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I just noticed the eye thing..xD they shoulve moved them more off to the sides
Image Image
ImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I don't even like their base colors, let alone anything else about them. The Royalgirl is particularly horrible. She reminds me of Shampoo from Ranma 1/2, except that it's a Nimmo, and ugly, and fails. Quite possibly my least favorite royal pets ever.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

You know, I don't think they're the *worst* royals, (Kois are the worst) but they're certainly not any good. I like the Royalboy's clothes, but that's it. The mustasche is terrible. The girl's base color is okay. But I haven't seen a single Royal post-revamp worth buying except peophins. I just chalk this up to "That's 2.0 for ya."
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I think royal pets a are a little overrated =/
And dresses aren;t particularly flaterring when you're squatting in that position...
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
kajuu

Post by kajuu »

I have to agree that they really aren't the best of the Royal pet colors. I like the oriental theme— The clothes are actually awesome, but the normal squatting position ruins it. It reminds me of the disappointment I felt when they changed the Halloween Nimmo's position to match the others. Sigh!

That, and Nimmos have big enough feet as it is. Do they really need to emphasize that with ridiculously pointy shoes?
Koryo

Post by Koryo »

Wow. Guess I'm the only one who liked these. I thought they were lovely! =) I think they're very nice. The detail on the outfits is brilliant, as well as the color coordination in the boy's wardrobe. I love the little white markings on the girl and her draping veils.

The pose is not great, but the artist did not a bad job with it anyway.
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love..." ♥
Veo

Post by Veo »

Oh gawd, the horror. :<
kajuu wrote:It reminds me of the disappointment I felt when they changed the Halloween Nimmo's position to match the others. Sigh!
And yes, I remember when they did that too. I was all like - "sadface."
Hittnut

Post by Hittnut »

When I saw: 'royal Nimmos' I was all like NO WAI UGLY
But... I actually like these. As far as V2 pets goes, it's one of the best royal pets so far. (I'm still being haunted by the royal Pteris)
But... Shenkuu themed? Meh. Am I the only one who doesn't get impressed at al by those? Now there's only a few pets left and... No Baroque Royal Pet so far! This really bugs me... I mean, apart the wigs that noone seems to like except me (lol) who doesn't want an Marie Antoinette themed pet? I hope that, if those come... please please be the Lutari or at least the Xweetok. All good pets are taken. Blah.

Post by 23639377 »

So they are Chinese!
I think the girl's better than the boy. Her clothes are very detailed. But as the others mentioned, the pose's really awful. To be honest, I don't think there'll be anyone willing to spend 10 million for those!
I agree with you, Erstin. They don't look royal. The Myncis are doing better than the Nimmos.
(Forum set is under construction)