Orange Flotsam

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Orange Flotsam

Post by Nogitsune »

Do Flotsams really have so few colours left that they can only get one colour on their special day?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Orange Flotsam

Post by Officer 1BDI »

*slow clap* Bravo, TNT.

The light pink iris against the orange clashes IMO. Otherwise, it's not bad for orange... but it's orange, nonetheless.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I like pink and orange. My bedroom is done in both colors and when done right, they blend together like a sunset. This, however, is not a beautiful sunset.
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

Post by Erstin »

Orange things always make me think about sour medicine. And this flotsam makes me feel the same way. I can't like this colour even if I wanted.
I don't think the pink eyes are too bad, but I wouldn't have stared at this pet too much to have noticed the pink eyes if it wasn't pointed here. :|
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

According to my counting, which might be off since I just woke up, Flotsams have 40 out of a possible 53 colors. Now, one of those is Maraquan, which Flotsams are never going to get (of course, we haven't had a single new Maraquan pet since customization >> I guess it'd be way too hard for artists to draw a new pose!), but some of the others are camouflage, and the food ones like biscuit, chocolate, custard and strawberry (which might all taste gross on an underwater animal, but oh well). They also don't have like... Darigan O_o So... the answer to the question is, no, they don't have so few colors that they should have only gotten one on their day. One that is ugly at that.
Gazella Dama

Post by Gazella Dama »

I don't think it's too bad for an orange pet, and the pink eyes make it sort of sherberty. It's bright, certainly, but I guess if that's your thing and you liked Flotsams anyway, it'd be cute.

But uh... yeah as far as pet day colors go, it's pretty underwhelming. Darigan would have been cool, as Jessibean mentioned, or hell I'd even like to see Lost Desert, I don't think they have that one yet?

It's a pity, I think Flotsams are one of the few pets improved by the revamp. They're really cute now.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Jessibean wrote:According to my counting, which might be off since I just woke up, Flotsams have 40 out of a possible 53 colors. Now, one of those is Maraquan, which Flotsams are never going to get (of course, we haven't had a single new Maraquan pet since customization >> I guess it'd be way too hard for artists to draw a new pose!), but some of the others are camouflage, and the food ones like biscuit, chocolate, custard and strawberry (which might all taste gross on an underwater animal, but oh well). They also don't have like... Darigan O_o So... the answer to the question is, no, they don't have so few colors that they should have only gotten one on their day. One that is ugly at that.
Thanks, but the question was mostly rhetorical/sarcastic. I know they had several colors they could have been given but weren't. I can't help but wonder how Flotsam owners feel.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I wasn't trying to just answer your question so much as point out what the Flotsam DOESN'T have, and what it could have gotten >>
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

It's an orange fish, I wasn't expecting bells and whistles. It's what it is, and what it is is orange.