Ichumon--New petsite/RPG

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Re: Ichumon--New petsite/RPG

Post by WisteriaLynx »

I joined The Promised Land. :3 What exactly are Council Quests? I see them, but... is that how the council earns points or something? And what do points for a council do? *clueless*

EDIT: Maybe I'm just jaded by other pet sites, but I'm surprised at how fairly a lot of items are priced in user shops! True, some are inflated, but there are at least as many where you won't lose money questing for them. :)

EDIT 2: AAAH! That red blob even shows up when you're looking for an item and no one is selling it! ;__;
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I was afraid that my account got deleted since the login didn't seem to work right away but, yay, it didn't. I also created two more pets last night - orisha and kosomoko - and hatched and battled lurk up to level 2. Now to work on orisha.

I kind of like the hatching idea though I don't like how you can't pick the color. Or, if you can, I missed that option. I also wish more games counted toward hatching.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I made an account (TestName again because I really am that unoriginal); I'm still waiting for my confirmation e-mail. Odd - I was able to log in, but when I went to make a pet it asked for a confirmation code, and then I suddenly couldn't go anywhere on the site. In. :)

ETA: This is the easiest game ever; which is good, because I usually suck at RSing. I'm also in complete shock that the name Amy was still free.

ETA 2: If you're logged on, would you please "play with" Amy's minion-thingy?

Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 04 Aug 2008 02:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Im Arceus on there! ...D: lazy as I am, my pets wont hatch for a LONG time.
Image Image
ImageImage
Veo

Post by Veo »

Oh wow - thanks for everyone who joined my guild! Please give any advice or thoughts so I can keep you all happy! :3

And council quests are in the 'games' section, which requires you to spend money on the guild. Me, being how I am, thinks that it's silly and I won't ask that everyone do it. I wish they had other ways to earn guild points, really . . . *sadface*
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

My account seems to have been deleted. I was on it earlier and had no problems but just tried to login, realised I couldn't remember my new password (changed it the last time I logged in) and password recovery is telling me the user doesn't exist. :-/ I might contact bug user support about it but it's not that big a deal; I juggle too many sites as it is. Just thought it was odd seeing as there's nothing in the news and the previous comments said there was no risk of losing your account anymore.

Edit: Wow, customer support is fast! I decided to contact user support after all and it took all of five minutes for a staff member to confirm my account is still there and get a new password sent to me.
Veo

Post by Veo »

I just wanted everyone to know I'm working on a fansite for Ichumon right now. The Admin, Ole, even agreed to link it once I was done, so I got a lot of work to do. Xd

Anyway - The Promised Land - Right now very barebones, but I'm adding what all the pet colors are right now, so you can see them. I'll also be wanting guides and tips and tricks and guides from people, so start writing if you want your article on there! Thanks. :)
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Awesome site, Veo, even if it is a little plain right now. ;p It's nice that there's finally a place to go and see all of the pet colors that are available. :)

I just finished a guide for hatching and caring for ichumon in general if anyone hasn't beaten me to it yet. I'm still not sure it's entirely correct (I did a lot of guesswork in the colors section based on what I've seen from other pet sites) so if anything needs to be corrected please let me know!

Because I saved it as an HTML file I'm just going to (attempt to) upload the functioning guide to my dA account and post the bare-bones text below.
Spoiler: open/close
How to Quickly Hatch an Ichumon and Other Basic Care Questions
By TestName

Hatching and caring for your new virtual pets will not be difficult, but the process may be confusing and tedious at first if you are unfamiliar with the site. I have written this guide in the hopes that it will help alleviate some of this confusion and ease the more monotonous aspects of transforming a pet from its egg to its adult form.

Choosing Your Ichumon

First, of course, you must actually have an egg to hatch! To obtain an Ichumon egg, click on the ‘Create’ link under ‘Explore Ichua’ in the sidebar. This will take you to Dr. Dim’s laboratory. Click on ‘Egg Types’ to be taken to the hatchery to select your egg. Currently there are 10 different species to choose from, and you may see examples of all of these species here on The Promised Land. To choose a pet to hatch and name, click on the egg of the desired species. Be aware that although you are allowed to choose the gender of your new pet, you may not choose its initial color; it will randomly hatch as either blue, red, yellow, or green. You may change the color of your pet after it has hatched; a process that I will explain later.

Hatching and Closeness Points

First, make sure that the egg you want to hatch is set as your active pet. This will allow all efforts you make towards hatching your pet to actually be rewarded to your pet. To make a pet an active pet, click on ‘My Pets’ in the side bar, scroll down to the pet of your choice, and click on the ‘Make Active Pet’ link in their box beneath their battle statistics.

Once you have selected your egg, you can check its progress by clicking on the ‘Hatch’ link in Dr. Dim’s laboratory. Your pet’s progress is measured by ‘Closeness Points’ (CPs) that can be earned by performing different tasks throughout the site: the more CPs it has, the closer it is to hatching. When your pet has obtained a minimum of 100 CPs, an option to hatch your pet will appear on the page. Keep in mind that CPs will only be rewarded to your active pet.

The following is an outline of how many CPs you can earn for different tasks on the site. This table is also available on the ‘How to Hatch’ page in the laboratory:

*insert table here*

As you can see, not all tasks are created equal: some tasks will give you more points than others and will therefore push your pet’s closeness level to 100 faster. Although there are a number of ways to reach 100 points using these methods, the following is one of the quicker ways (especially if you are not a frequent forum poster like myself):

1) Play all 50 rounds of Higher or Lower. My strategy is to always pick Higher if the number is 7 or below and Lower if the number is 9 or above (at 8 there is an equal chance that the number will be higher or lower, since the cards only go up to 15). Every win will give you 2 CPs; even if you only win half of the rounds, you will accumulate 50 CPs alone from a day’s worth of playing this game!

2) Try all 15 rounds of Dr. Dim’s Quests. This does not mean you have to actually complete them all; unless you have enough disposable iP to warrant completing all 15 quests I highly recommend giving him all 15 items he asks for. My personal iP limit for his quests is currently 2000 iP (meaning I do not buy him the item unless it costs under that amount), which allows me to complete 3-5 of his quests a day under the current economy, which would give my pet 15-25 CPs a day if I was hatching a pet. 2000 iP may be a low limit for some players; the bottom line is to use an iP limit you feel comfortable with and complete as many of his quests as you can.

3) Hearting another user is not only a nice way of rewarding a player for a good deed, but it also allows you an extra 5 CPs a day! To heart a player in the forums, simply click on the ‘+’ sign next to the heart beneath their screen name next to their post. To heart a player elsewhere on the site, click on their username to be taken to their profile page and click on the pink heart in the top left corner. Remember: you can only heart one player a day once a day, and the player will be sent an e-mail explaining who gave them the heart (so there is no anonymous hearting).

4) If you are willing to chat for a little bit, you can make the missing CPs by posting in the forum. Every post you make adds 2 CPs to your active pet. DO NOT SPAM THE FORUMS TO SIMPLY RAISE YOUR PET’S CP COUNT. Make sure anything you post is on-topic and follows the rules of the forum.

5) If you would rather avoid the forum, you can instead donate apples to the Donation Hole (found in Fargo’s Forest on the map). Every apple you donate will give your pet 1 CP. You can find free apples in the Under the Rock game, which you can play every half-hour (something that I would recommend you do anyway, because you can also win iP depending on which rock you choose).

Once you have accumulated 100 CPs for your pet, you can free them from their egg by taking them to the ‘Hatch’ page in the laboratory. Congratulations on hatching your Ichumon! To hatch your next Ichumon egg, make the egg your active pet and start the process over (you may have to wait for the next day to allow quests and other tasks to reset).

Feeding and Entertaining Your Pet

Like all pets, your Ichumon must be kept fed and be played with on a regular basis. There is currently no resort that you can send your pets to that will feed and play with them for you (as there are on some other pet sites), so you must keep track of keeping your pet healthy and happy.

The easiest way to do this is to feed and play with them once each day. The cheapest way to do this is to feed them one of the free green apples you receive from the Under the Rock game, and to buy a cheap toy from the Toy Pen when they restock (I personally prefer Grey Doughnut Key Chains, as they cost less than 100 iP in the shop when they restock). Keep a backup supply of food and toys in your ToyBox if you can in case you don’t have time to restock every day.

As of the time of writing this article, there is no penalty for not feeding or playing with your pet. This may change in the future, but this will be at the discretion of the site owners.

Changing Your Pet’s Color and Gender

If you are not happy with the color your pet hatched with, there is good news: you can change your pet’s color! Currently there are two sets of items that will allow for a color (and for one set, species) change: crystals and mirror shards. Crystals can be bought from the Magic Stall or other users and allow you to change your pet’s color to the color of the crystal; for instance, a Pink Crystal will turn your pet pink, a Bubble Crystal will turn your pet Bubble-colored, and so forth. Mirror shards can also be bought from the Magic Stall, but unlike crystals, these will transform your pet’s color AND species to reflect the creature seen in the mirror shard; so, a Magical Blue Arro Mirror Shard will transform your pet into a Blue Arro, regardless of what color and species the pet was before.

Depending on the popularity of the creature you wish to eventually turn your pet into, it may be cheaper to buy the mirror shard than the crystal. For instance, if you own a red Sui and wish to eventually turn it into a Brown Sui, it may be cheaper to find a Magical Brown Sui Mirror Shard than to buy a Brown Crystal because there is a relatively low demand for Brown Suis compared to Brown pets in general. It is also important to remember that not all pets are available in every color yet. Make sure that your Ichumon actually has a Bubble form before you run off and buy that Bubble Crystal. ;) You can check the colors available for each species on this site.

If you wish to change the gender of your pet, this is possible through use of the Gender Potion, which also restocks in the Magic Stall or can be found in user shops, auctions, and trades.

Please keep in mind that, like food and toys, all of these items are one-use items; once you have applied them to a pet, they cannot be reused or resold.

That’s All, Folks

Thus concludes this beginner’s guide to hatching and raising an Ichumon. If you have any suggestions for or questions about this guide, please to not hesitate to contact me on Ichumon.com. :)
ETA: dA doesn't seem to want to upload it as a simple attachment, either. -_- The functioning guide is supposed to have built in links and a table and stuff, but I don't know how to post it for preview.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 06 Aug 2008 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ole

Post by Ole »

Whee you guys found my site :D I read the first page and it was all....HATE HATE HATE...and then the second and third pages got slightly better X) I will take into consideration tho about what you guys don't like =D
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Hi Ole! Welcome to Neocolours. :)

There are a few other things I'd like to throw out that I don't think anyone's brought up yet:

Reading Books- I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you can't read the same book twice to a pet. It would therefore be really nice if there was a list somewhere that showed all of the books your pet has already read so that you don't accidentally buy duplicates.

Item Descriptions- I have this exact same issue with Misticpets: you cannot see the item description for any item unless you're looking at it in your inventory. I find this especially annoying when I'm trying to figure out how powerful a weapon is, or how rare a food/toy is, or what that mysterious potion from the Magic Stall does, because it means I have to buy the thing before I learn what it does (unless a kind soul on the forums or shout box answers my questions; which is nice but I don't want to have to bug someone every time I run across an unfamiliar item). I would love it if you could search for an item (not in shops, but in the general search function on the site) and, instead of being taken to user shops when you click on its picture are taken to its description instead.

Playing With Ichies- I think this has already been brought up in the forums on the site, but I think the once-a-month play limit per ichie is too long, and it becomes especially tedious when I'm in the forums and half the ichies I click on turn out to be a waste of time because I've already clicked on them. I suggest that the limit be shortened to once a day, like the hearting system, or if possible, the ichie's image changes after you've played with it so you don't accidentally click on it again until the month is up.

Hearting/Reward System- For profiles, please add some sort of confirmation to the hearting system. I accidentally gave a user a negative reputation point last night because I didn't know what the grey heart did before I clicked on it (...in my defense it was really late at night and I'd only ever given reputation points on the forum before then). I can see how someone might misclick on someone's profile and accidentally reward or punish them without the intention of doing either.

Things like that aside, I'm actually really enjoying this site. ^_^
Ole

Post by Ole »

:D hey. We changed the read a book thing to a library thing. It's kind of like training a pet with codestones. Each book gives a different amount of intelligence, the rarer the book, the more intelligence it gives. You can read as many books as you want to your pet, you just have to wait for the time to finish. We are going to make a book collection thing, we just need the trophies drawn first :D

If you want to find out if an item is rare or not, you can use our premium service which has an item database. The database tells you the rarity of the item, the stats of the item(if its a weapon, it tells you the amount of icons it does, freezes etc) and it just costs $5 a month. Most petsites have you learn what is rare and what isn't by yourself :X

I'm not too sure about your one-click per day Ichie thing. People are -already- creating programs for Ichumon and i'm pretty sure it'd be easy to make a program that would run through a list of ichies and click them all =(. Once a month is bad enough, but once a day ;o? Ichies sometimes hold items so it could mess up the rarity of items :X

I will add a confirmation thing for hearting now :) Hope i helped answer some questions :)
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

It does. Thank you, Ole.
Veo

Post by Veo »

Hey, Officer 1BDI? Are you wanting me to put up your guide on the Promised Land? ;)
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Yes, please. :oops:

Actually, there are a few things I still want to tweak. If it's all right, can I e-mail it to you tomorrow? And do you want me to add the html tags or will an HTML file be ok?
Veo

Post by Veo »

Go right ahead, do anything you want - the website it up and running, colors are done, bleh. Also.

- PLEASE GOD GIVE ME AN HTML FILE. XD

I'll give you my email when you PM me. Thanks so much! :)