Silver and Speckled Draiks

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Silver and Speckled Draiks

Post by varii »

Image Image
I'm disappointed they didn't release zombie. I don't think either is anything special, but they aren't bad either. I actually really like the palette for silver, it's almost like a less ugly version of their grey pets.
rei @ neopets
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Silver and Speckled Draiks

Post by TCStarwind »

I'm not amazed by silver. At all. It's very dark, and it looks more like one of the old stone pets more than it does silver. It just doesn't have enough shiny like I think it should. :/

Speckled is cute, the spot variation is nice. The only things that really bother me are the red/yellow eyes (standard for draiks, I know, but still very off-putting next to the green) and the shade of the underbelly. I'm thinking the membrane color would have been better.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I actually really like the speckled draik - it just fits the species for some reason. There's lots of spots, but they're nicely done - i especially like how they're done on the inside of the wings and ears :3
varii

Post by varii »

TCStarwind wrote:I'm not amazed by silver. At all. It's very dark, and it looks more like one of the old stone pets more than it does silver. It just doesn't have enough shiny like I think it should. :/

I think that is why I like silver so much. I don't like the metallic pets at all. The shinier they are, the less I like them. The flatness of the color really appeals to me..it's like I'm seeing the Draik on a black and white Tv. Perhaps that's not the point of silver and in that case it is a bad pet for the color; I just happen to like it better for it.
rei @ neopets
Omg Its Demi

Post by Omg Its Demi »

I'm not amazed by silver. At all. It's very dark, and it looks more like one of the old stone pets more than it does silver. It just doesn't have enough shiny like I think it should. :/
I was thinking the exact same thing...

Post by 23639377 »

Omg Its Demi wrote:
I was thinking the exact same thing...
Me too...

The speckled is a teeny little bit better, especially the pattern on the wings. But speckled is speckled, what can I say?
(Forum set is under construction)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

varii wrote:The flatness of the color really appeals to me..it's like I'm seeing the Draik on a black and white Tv.

I *so* see that now! Now an artificial laugh track plays every time I stare at it. This does make me miss the unreleased grey draik, and it's potential. They were the 2nd best species of redraws next to ixis.

Both colors are 'meh' and forgettable.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy