Graveyard Charlie and Paralix

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Graveyard Charlie and Paralix

Post by hebdenhippy »

Image Image

The Paralix is a very nice revamp ^^ just what a revamp should be! Same pet, but better artwork, I'm quite tempted to get one actually!

The Charlie isn't doing anything for me, while it's nice to see the species getting some attention, it just looks bizarre to me, and I don't really know what's going on; it looks very busy with all the guts and stuff.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Graveyard Charlie and Paralix

Post by Seerow »

I really love the Paralix, it keeps the same feel and pose as the old one but with much better art.

The Charlie seems really busy for me and I can't quite tell what is what on it.

Edit:
For comparison, here's the old GY Paralix and the new.
ImageImage
Last edited by Seerow on 16 Oct 2008 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Charlie looks more like a mutant than graveyard. Really doesn't do anything for me. The arm in front is nice, especially the color, but it's just kinda weird and not in my preferred zombie-way. I'm a bit disappointed. I'd hoped it would have been a good choice for painting Dystopia. Instead, all I see is the pointless pustule and how it look like it's accidentally biting its lip. Also, I'm not sure what's going on in the stomach area. It just has loops of fur over flesh... Is it supposed to be skin sagging off? I think some of the areas (the stomach, the bony side of the face) are too detailed for the size of the pet. Maybe it would make more sense to me if I saw it larger.

The Paralix is a relief. I was afraid--even given the fantastic revamp--because I love the pet so much. But it's even better. I love having my fears allayed. All the details are fantastic; the colors are lovely; I adore the whiskers. The only thing I'm not sure of is the very tip of the tail, but I think that's because it's such small detail that you can't see shading anymore. Which is a pity, but it's very minor. If I had a free pet slot, I might go for this. (Sadly, with that great grin, it doesn't actually suit Dystopia.)
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Image Image
ImageImage
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The paralix is awesome! Maybe I'll change Ikkaku into this (that grin is perfect) since the GY malticorn was so amazingly mangled. This is a perfect revamp for a great idea (I never liked the look of the old one). It's how the GY malticorn should have been (no, I will not let it go). And the begger version is to die for. I love all the little details in it the the resizing kills.

I find the charlie freakishly cute. It is very busy, but I like it. It's just kinda being outdone by that lovely paralix there, though. XD
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Wow, that Paralix is spiffy. <33 The shading is incredible, and hey, look! It has anatomy now. I can't wait to see angelic, I'm sure it'll be awesome as well.

The Charlie . . . eh. I'm undone by my total lack of caring about the species as a whole.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
HalfLucy

Post by HalfLucy »

I prefer the Charlie to the Paralix, not only because I recently adopted a pet named Aborted Fetus (yes, it's his actual name) who would look good in Graveyard, but because the Charlie isn't meant to be cute and perfectly smooth :P
The detail on the Charlie is astouding and authentically road-kill in appearance. Graveyard Potions inflate once again...

There's mold on my avocado D:

da: k e c e n (no spaces)
livejournal: k e c e n (no spaces)
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I really like both of them. The Paralix is a perfect revamp, keeps the feel of the original while updating the art. I love those gnarled up whiskers, too. :) The Charlie is just wonderfully scuzzy and diseased looking! Just what you'd expect, both from a Graveyard pet and a Charlie. Glad to see the species getting some attention.