New Experiments: #8001 and #76166

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

New Experiments: #8001 and #76166

Post by Fuzzy »

ImageImage

The 8001 is also available in scribble.

I really like them both. The colors of the 8001 are very nice. I like the scribble version of it slightly more, though. I suppose some people will be pleased that the Hexlords have been made a pet of some sort. My only problem with it is that it's a bit too dark.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: New Experiments: #8001 and #76166

Post by Seerow »

I really really love the 8001, but I don't think it works as an Experiment pet particularly well. They are supposed to be malformed, stitched together chimera-ish things and this is pretty much just a land dragon.
I'm happy it was released as it is lovely art and I adore the colors. I think maybe it would have worked better as a new species, or tweaked to fit the Mahar and maybe become Hydrus or something. Scribble is adorable too!

The Hexling pet is nice as well. The orange and white head sure do stand out nicely against the body.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm confused about the Hexlord one... is its tail wrapped around the wrist to our left? Or is that just a weirdly lumpy wrist? It's hard to make out details because it's so dark. I do like it, overall, but it's very dark. (I realize that for once it should be--Hexlord!--but it's still hard to see clearly.)

I don't really care for the other. It's kind of... nonmutanty.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Yea, 8001 seems something that should be a pet, and not a expiriment. The tail looks awfully flat.

Oh..

There you go , Ty. I made it super bright..it was too dark for me as well.
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Okay, so that is the tail. That's good; I thought it was cancerous for a while. ;P Look at all the details of shading that get completely lost! Wow. That's really interesting.
Image Image
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I love the 8001! I may have to break my promise and make Nerruse that instead of waiting for new mahar colors. I am agreeing though that this one would have made a great new pet, I would like to have seen it in other colors.

I am not caring as much for the other one. The concept is nice and all, but it is so dark I can't see anything on it very well, which is a shame, as Goldenchaos' lightened picture shows there is a lot of nice detail.
Image Image Image Image Image
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I love the 8001.. Except the teefs (sorry Arbor XD), but that's just a personal preference. I still might try for one eventually as it is pretty. :D

The hex one is nifty, though not my type of pet (I'd prefer that big worm hex as an experiment pet). I can make out the details fine on my computer though. :x
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

The 8001 is pretty, but yeah, doesn't look very mutant-y. :/ I thought it was a new Mahar or Dragon redraw for a second. Nice looking pet overall, though :)

The 76166... OH GOD WANT. <3 I've always loved those hex demons, and I've always wanted to see one made into an actual pet. Dammit I just realized one of these would be PERFECT for Jynxx, if only because of her name. :< Looks like I'm going to have to start saving up tokens again...
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

8001 is cool. Is it a grown up relative of the Caphram?

Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The 8001 looks like a mutated bird-dragon. ;) I like it!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Ohh, I really like both of these. The 8001 is sooo pretty; I love its gorgeous cyan fins.

... or feathers. Whichever. xD

And the hexlord is v.v.spiffy. Like Aqua I can see it without the lightened picture, but then again, I've tweaked my video card settings to be brighter and lighter. So that may be it. >.>

And apparently everyone else in the world likes them too, because token prices jumped through the roof today.

Which is fine, because they were so cheap before. x.x /sarcasm>

*koff*

ANYWAY. I like them both, and I very well might keep either, if Chaddick finds herself zapped into one before the 6th of next month gets here and I can change her back into a galactic Anyu. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Arbor

Post by Arbor »

Oh snap, Cyro. They must be relatives, at least. I must have had 8001 on the brain when I doodled Caphram up. XD Whoops!

8001 is a vaguely birdtigerjellyfish drawn to look vaguely like a dragon. Or at least, those are the three creatures that got referenced when I was designing him and trying to think dragon. XD Plus some random, "well, I kinda like this, so on it goes!" Some more influential than others. >_>

Kamil, to me, the fin/feather/whatever things are more like bristles. Like. Cat whisker texture. But obviously it can be whatever you want. XD

I love the hexlord. XD I like my own 8001, but having it released next to the hexlord is like. ...chuck norris and a turtle. You just can't compete with that awesome. -loves it so much-
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I love the 8001. It's awesome looking, and is completely adorable in scribble. I may have to start zapping Dosu, as I was planning on changing him into a dark matter lasirus when they get revamped, anyway. Now where to get tokens? I haven't done any quests in ages.

The hex thing is cool. I just seems to look a lot fatter now than it does as an avatar, which I can understand, being haunched over and all.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Even with the lighter image, I still can't tell how the Hexlord's tail ended up over there. Still, it's very nifty. Even though the 8001 doesn't look remotely experimental, I want one. I don't have room for one, but I want it nonetheless.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

8001 is quite cool. I quite like it. But it doesn't have the experiment feel to it. I'm agreeing with others that said it's just not mutant enough to be an experiment.
The hexlord is very nice. It's really cool to see this a pet. I'm very tempted to make room and make this one. It resembles minions of one of my charaters. I do find it to be to dark though. It is hard to see all the details which is a pity. It looks like it has some nice ones.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel