Pirate and Disco Usuls

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Pirate and Disco Usuls

Post by varii »

ImageImage

Ooh, I like pirate. The peg leg and the hands don't really work for me, but the bad eye and the feather on the cap more than make up for that.

And these:
ImageImage

are adorable. I would totally wear that red coat.
Last edited by varii on 26 Nov 2008 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
rei @ neopets
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Pirate and Disco Usuls

Post by AngharadTy »

Pirate is kinda cute, with the bad eye! And the hat is nice. But the hook and peg leg... whaaaa. Both obviously fake, both dumb. Sigh.
Image Image
varii

Post by varii »

AngharadTy wrote:Pirate is kinda cute, with the bad eye! And the hat is nice. But the hook and peg leg... whaaaa. Both obviously fake, both dumb. Sigh.
Oh man, I didn't even see the hook. I just thought its hand looked extra funky.
rei @ neopets
Mort

Post by Mort »

For the limits Neopets enforces, pirate came out really nice. I appreciate the attempt of the peg leg and the pirate hook, even if they didn't turn out as well as it might have otherwise. Loving the expression and bad eye, to boot.

Disco is... meh. Not the worst example I've ever seen, but not the best either.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

varii wrote:Oh man, I didn't even see the hook. I just thought its hand looked extra funky.
So did I, but I was trying to puzzle out why the hand was a different color from the body, and finally traced the hook shape with my eye. It's just hard to see because it looks like part of the tears at the bottom of the shirt.
Image Image
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Shame they didn't move the hook to the other arm and made it a bit bigger. Still, they surpassed my expectations with pirate - the eye is really nifty.

Why doesn't disco have its bow and ear thingies? Lazy.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Considering the usul has a flour sack for a body, these came out decently enough. :D Disco is okay. At the very least, it's not horrible. I rather like the green they used. The pirate is kinda cute. I like it's eyes, but the hook and peg leg are a shame. Could have looked so much better before. :/
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

No...NO NO! Pirate needs a better suit! It's so snug and boring. The facial expression is very good for customization. (But this is something I'd readily use a FFQ on now. I'd just buy a new outfit for him.) Disco is surprisingly non-eyegouging, but I still dearly miss old style usuls, so my opinion doesn't mean much considering the "love" they have on NC.

Screw you customization! I agree with TCStarwind that Usuls now look like they have a body that looks like a sack of potatoes or something. I can't make myself like usuls post-customization, but I do like the new released clothes for both genders. They're less form-fitting which is a great thing. I did make a usul with a fantastic name (Venire). I pounded him, he was sucked up by an auto adopter, zapped darigan and frozen within a week. *cringe* Oh, what can happen when you disown pets.

BTW: Does anyone know the names of these outfits? I'd love to own them both.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Neither of them have bows. How odd. Also, pirate has a peg foot. It's that or it has lost a shoe.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Also, pirate has a peg foot. It's that or it has lost a shoe.
HAHAHA now we know why he looks so grumpy... he lost one of his clogs.

I love the red outfit! It's so fall fashions @ Sears! Someone make an Usul catalogue model char :P
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
pistons0794

Post by pistons0794 »

I really like pirate! It could do without the hook for the hand, but maybe it can be removed.

Disco is disco, nothing special.
I love the clothes!
vivaluna

Post by vivaluna »

I hate the way the disco looks without the bow and ear warmer thingies... it looks like you found it in the pound or something. :(
Other than that it is pretty... I like the colors. Maybe they will realize the mistake and add a bow.
NeonDragonfly

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Pirate looks interesting, what with the scarred eye and the feather is a nice touch. But I agree with everyone else, the peg leg and hook look wrong.
Disco seems to green to me o.o
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

Pirate is pretty cool! I love the eye and expression, but the foot is killer for me. Shame about the lack of bows on each though =/ They look pretty naked.

Disco is alright. A strangely shiny mane thing.

I LOVE the little school boy type clothing though!!!!!