Election 2008!

Non-neopets general discussion.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Re: Election 2008!

Post by lavender »

Jessibean wrote:EofS, I have no idea. CNN I thought declared Missouri for McCain, and I was pretty sure that who it went to in the end.
Every other news site has called us for McCain (with only a 6000 vote lead).

Googled it:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article5108320.ece wrote:Although all balloted votes have been counted, however, there are 7,085 provisional votes that have not yet been accounted for. A provisional ballot is handed out to voters when there is no time or capacity to check their voting details at the polling station, so their vote is taken in and will be counted pending checks on their identity. This verification is expected to take place some time next week.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

*sigh*

I have a friend who has reasonable fears about Obama's proposed tax, minimum wage, and health insurance policies. (He's also intelligent and open-minded but still definitely conservative in most ways.) So he's got a point that I can't refute.

But I doubted McCain's policies would be better than Bush's (see where that's landed me and my husband), and I don't have any idea about how Obama's would work out.

So since neither of them made me feel that much better about financial issues (though with Obama, his shows that he's at least trying something different in an effort to make things easier for the average and underprivileged - i.e. - just about everyone I know, and a significant number are struggling)...

I voted on the social issues. That's what won Obama for me.
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

Sorry to ressurect this thread, but I found a little gem for all of us against Prop 8.

Watch and enjoy!

www.funnyordie.com/videos/c0cf508ff8/prop-8-the-musical-starring-jack-black-john-c-reilly-and-many-more-from-fod-team-jack-black-craig-robinson-john-c-reilly-and-rashida-jones

(MOD NOTE: there MAY be malware at this link. Use it at your own risk. It should be disabled as a link-link, so copy and paste if you really want to see it. Apparently I can't add a youtube link to the video, because funnyordie got irritated and had them pulled.)
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

XD This is actually funny, cause I was just watching Obama videos on youtube and getting teary-eyed (...hush), and then this thread popped up!

That was hilarious, and I loved it xD Thank you for posting that!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Oh man, that is awesome! I think I'm madly in love with Neil Patrick Harris now.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Quite possibly the best musical ever. Thanks for sharing!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

You guys, just a note, quit using that link for now. Ty got a warning from her Google Chrome that it might contain malware.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeahhh, something is up with my computer. (I'm on my laptop.) I'll edit that first post with the link. Just in case Google Chrome is right and that's what happened to my computer. *wibbles*
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Would an embedded version still potentially carry the malware? Because I found the same video on a blog and could post that link....

(And it is hilariously awesome. I actually cheered when NPH came on screen.)
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Ty, I left you a message on MSN, but I wanted to let you know I ran AVG after getting your warning and it came up clean, so hopefully it won't be anything too dangerous!

Officer ,I have no idea. maybe someone can see if its made it to Youtube yet?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Probably safe (it was probably a random "advertiser," if it did come from visiting funnyordie--i.e., not funnyordie itself), so post the link, but post it without the http part so it doesn't become clickable, just in case, so people still have to think about it. Or I'll edit it to fix it, whichever.

(It's not on youtube because funnyordie won't let it be on youtube.)

I'm sulking for a while because AVG found a trojan. Y'all scan your computers, just to be safe. (My link is to the free AVG download page.)
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

All right. I even found a better link: http://jointheimpact.wetpaint.com/ . Scroll down towards the bottom to see the video (it's under the header Fun Stuff).

ETA: I tried YouTube, too, but it seems that every upload was taken down.