Angelic Paralix and Devonti Revamps

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Slugawoo

Angelic Paralix and Devonti Revamps

Post by Slugawoo »

ImageImage

I really like the Paralix. The wings in place of the tufts of fur was a great idea! The only complaint I have is a small one, and it doesn't bug me that much: it has A LOT of fur on it's back. Probably because the old one did, though, so I guess I can't complain. :D

On the Devonti... eh. I never liked the old one, so the new one doesn't do much for me. The art itself id nice, but I still can't stand that pose. But one thing... why doesn't the wing have black line art?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Angelic Paralix and Devonti Revamps

Post by Jessi »

I personally would have loved to see the Devonti done in a different pose. I don't think every new pet revamp has to just be an exact copy of the old poses, heh. It looks loads better than it used to, but I think a different pose could have done wonders for this pet.

The Paralix... I like it, I think it's very pretty, but again... I never noticed the similarities between this pose and Reborn and now I do xD This is the same pose, just curled up a bit more. Which is GOOD, it doesn't have quite the 'clothesline' look of the Reborn one. The colors came out very pretty, but something about the eyes is bothering me, again. I don't know what it is. I think there's too much black on the eyes - that's what was bothering me a bit about Reborn as well.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Oooh, I like the Angelic Paralix! I think this is what I want Gull to be, at least after the price goes down a bit. The little wings are a very nice touch.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I really like the paralix -- unlike the reborn, this one looks like it's actually floating in the air. The colors are beautiful, and I like the little wings. I also like the happy/friendly expression on its face. Edit: Changed Volar into one. I'm going to be broke soon with all the nice new pet releases!
stinkbomb

Post by stinkbomb »

Oh lord almighty I hate hate hate the devonti revamp. I painted my devonti a long time ago angelic because I liked the softer look, it was just pretty. Now it has thick nasty black lines in some parts, no lines in others, the front leg looks as though it were broken and badly set. It isn't soft looking anymore. The thick black lines detailing the fur makes it far to busy and just...ick. They kept all the parts that needed fixing, the pose etc and yet "improved" the things that, in my ever so humble opinion, worked. Gah!

This makes me mad in a really mad way because of paying cash, from my pocket, to buy that angelic potion. I realize they can't poll everything all the time. But come on, angelic costs real money. It isn't like the other potions that you can restock or get at the token shop. And now I have a pet I despise that I paid for.

GAH!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I actually adore the Devonti, and this is probably the first Devonti I would ever consider owning. The fur and wings look so soft I want a blanket made out of them! I actually like the pose and am glad Arbor kept it. I personally like when revamps stay as close to the original as possible.

The Paralix is also lovely and the wing touch is very nice indeed. Volar looks great Cranberry :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Anyone have the old images handy?

I like the Paralix quite a lot. :-)
Arbor

Post by Arbor »

Image Image
Image Image
old vs new
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I like both of them. They're really nice, and they kept the original intact, which I [almost] always love. Same basic pet + updated art= awesomez. :D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I think they're both improvements, especially the paralix *ooh and ahh*, but I see two drawbacks.

The paralix has a badly-curved back, not a smooth arc, almost broken-looking with the sharp curve followed by flatness. :-/

I'm going to miss the special soft devonti too. I can see why you're upset about that, stinkbomb.

When I saw these in the news, I thought, "wait a minute, these already exist!" I came here and confirmed my suspicions that they're revamps, not actual new colors.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

The angelic paralix looks great! It's sooo much better then the older version. Everything looks nice on it. I think the only thing that bothers me is the wings on the legs. They don't fit well to me. I think it would of looked better with just feathers there. But that's just the small thing. It's a great update!

The angelic devonti also looks better. That art is so much better on it. The colouring on the old one was nice. I liked the soft looked too it. I don't like the pose either. I think it could of done with a different pose, one a bit more graceful looking. Other then that, it's a good update.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Oh, thank God (and you too, Keshi =). Chaffee is still beautiful. *whew*

The hair on the back is so shiny and pretty. *ruffles it* The tail is a fair bit shorter, but the whiskers are a fair bit longer, so all in all, it works out fine. =D

Oh, so relieved. I couldn't have stood losing two favored pets in one week, yanno?

I have no real opinion on the Devonti, as I never liked the original at all. But the expression matches amazingly well, which will be good for those who own one, and I adore the texture of its horns and ears.

*eyes remaining pets* Almost all of mine were drawn in the last year or so; so I think the only one I have to sweat out now is my 84. *twitch*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.